Muffler packing in Austin

Hi,

I need to repack my muffler on Monday, so no time for shipping.

Anybody know a shop where I can get hold of some muffler packing in Austin, Texas area?

It is for a YZ125-04

Thanks

Edited by turbogrill

Why Monday? It's not like your bike won't run with bad packing, and i don't know if anywhere in particular in not from Texas, but if it's really that big of a pinch go get some pink insulation and use that for Monday, then change it after?

What a great idea.  Never thought about insulation.  But now that I think about it, it's pretty much the same thing huh.  Home Depot in a pinch OP if there's a HD in your area.

What a great idea. Never thought about insulation. But now that I think about it, it's pretty much the same thing huh. Home Depot in a pinch OP if there's a HD in your area.

Not quite, I've heard the home insulation breaks down faster than the 2 stroke packing, but I've got like 3-4 rolls of it left over from home work. I've never used it, I'll probably just buy regular packing, but if you're in a bind yeah it'll do the same thing

• Like 1

Thanks four your replies!

Why am I reading a make model specific post from Texas in this forum.
Have you all lost your mind!!!!

Yes, that is why I need my muffler repacker!

What is even more crazy is that someone moved this to California!

(Austin is in Texas) 

One would assume, but you'd be surprised

Agree, that is the downside with internet shopping.

Stores never have things in stock, so you always have to wait 2-3 before you get your stuff.

Really sucks in emergencies.

Not quite, I've heard the home insulation breaks down faster than the 2 stroke packing, but I've got like 3-4 rolls of it left over from home work. I've never used it, I'll probably just buy regular packing, but if you're in a bind yeah it'll do the same thing

Might do this, but feels a bit cheap.

How much you need?

Just enough for a stock YZ silencer.

Why Monday? It's not like your bike won't run with bad packing, and i don't know if anywhere in particular in not from Texas, but if it's really that big of a pinch go get some pink insulation and use that for Monday, then change it after?

Because I found out that I am off work on Monday. So I will have a few hours just to fix with my bike.

Normally I am lucky if I got the time to clean the air filter.

• Like 1

Thanks four your replies!

Yes, that is why I need my muffler repacker!

What is even more crazy is that someone moved this to California!

(Austin is in Texas)

Agree, that is the downside with internet shopping.

Stores never have things in stock, so you always have to wait 2-3 before you get your stuff.

Really sucks in emergencies.

Might do this, but feels a bit cheap.

Just enough for a stock YZ silencer.

Because I found out that I am off work on Monday. So I will have a few hours just to fix with my bike.

Normally I am lucky if I got the time to clean the air filter.

It seems cheap, but love i mentioned it will get you through a ride. It does break down faster than regular packing. Personally id get the link stuff just for one ride, better than getting stopped for a noise complaint