Sign in to follow this  

03 cr125

Yes it's a great price on a great bike. Not much bottom end power but sublime handling and super light.

The 2002 and 2003 CR125 have the last generation frame and mechanical powervalve rather than the electric one found in 2004-2007.

I think 2002 and 2003 are the best CR125 ever.

Yes it's a great price on a great bike. Not much bottom end power but sublime handling and super light.

The 2002 and 2003 CR125 have the last generation frame and mechanical powervalve rather than the electric one found in 2004-2007.

the cr's lost a lot of power when they went to aluminum frame. But the power for handling trade is worth it.

About to get a clean 03 cr125 for 1050 any thoughts? Is this a good year for the cr? And is it a good price ? The guy said he just put a new top end and v force reeds in it

" The guy said " ..... So many used bikes for sale and claim " just rebuilt "

Hard to believe

Edited by ITS CHOOKEN
  • Like 1

04 was electrically operated, 05-07 is an updated version of the 02-03 valve. And to the OP, it sounds too good to be true, definitely not going for that cheap with a brand new top end and reeds

I've looked at the bike a few weeks ago and he said he wouldn't take lower then 1300 but i was able to talk him down. It started up in 3 kicks and he let me ride it last time I saw it and everything seemed to be good. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398003420.267981.jpg

I bought my beautiful 03 for $1100. Still on the original piston, maybe 10 total hours.

I bought my beautiful 03 for $1100. Still on the original piston, maybe 10 total hours.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398051873.386076.jpg

So I got a bike today. 03 cr125, pretty awesome bike I rode it up and down the street today and holy crap that powerband is crazy! This is my first 2 stroke and I am excited to ride it for real

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398051873.386076.jpg

So I got a bike today. 03 cr125, pretty awesome bike I rode it up and down the street today and holy crap that powerband is crazy! This is my first 2 stroke and I am excited to ride it for real

That's awesome! What a great little bike these are. Looks like yours had a good owner too, it's ultra clean.

P/M champie. He just bought a gorgeous 02 and is loving it. You guys can compare notes.  

So you'll find that it doesn't like to idle or rev out from the bottom and that's totally normal. These bikes aren't happy unless they are screaming at crazy rpm. Clutching almost constantly to keep it there is the trick, it's fun!

Edited by sandlvr69