Sign in to follow this  

Beta 300 rr engine trouble

Hi

After a ride out on my 300 2014 model I noticed coolant leaking from the exhaust where it meets the manifold any ideas what this could be or has it happened to anyone else?

Hi

After a ride out on my 300 2014 model I noticed coolant leaking from the exhaust where it meets the manifold any ideas what this could be or has it happened to anyone else?

Hard to tell.. any pictures? exhaust where it meets the manifold?.. not clear on that part.. Did you take off the tank and look? Are you sure it isn't a hose or something else?

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Yeah had it stripped down it's coming out where the engine meets the exhaust flange I have been advised it will more than likely be the head gasket. Anyone else had this happen? I have only got 30 hours riding time on it

Yeah had it stripped down it's coming out where the engine meets the exhaust flange I have been advised it will more than likely be the head gasket. Anyone else had this happen? I have only got 30 hours riding time on it

How about just torquing the head down to start? It might be as simple as that . It just might have loosened since it's brand new .... it might have been missed from the factory. I just changed the head on my cr and the  same thing happened. I just tightened it and it was fine.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Never thought of that I will try doing that I will let you know how I get on thanks for your help

I would suggest before putting out the wrenches to top-up the coolant and go riding again but this time checking if you boil the engine.

Close to the area you describe In front of the engine where the expansion chamber starts (and not the exhaust manifold - that term is used on cars), is where

your radiator's overflow hose ends (starts form the left radiator's filling plug). Follow the hose and you'll see its end.

Its highly unlikely to have sealing problems on the cyl head (which is using 2 o-rings and not a gasket).

In case that you have overheated your engine (which is what I suspect) , the first to go is the inner o-ring and then again you will notice minimal coolant consumption and NOT

coolant coming off the engine.

Most likely, you boiled it.

• Like 1

I would suggest before putting out the wrenches to top-up the coolant and go riding again but this time checking if you boil the engine.

Close to the area you describe In front of the engine where the expansion chamber starts (and not the exhaust manifold - that term is used on cars), is where

your radiator's overflow hose ends (starts form the left radiator's filling plug). Follow the hose and you'll see its end.

Its highly unlikely to have sealing problems on the cyl head (which is using 2 o-rings and not a gasket).

In case that you have overheated your engine (which is what I suspect) , the first to go is the inner o-ring and then again you will notice minimal coolant consumption and NOT

coolant coming off the engine.

Most likely, you boiled it.

That makes more sense..

Leaking coolant hose from head or Tstat would run down over exhaust area. Did you actually pull pipe ? I would think the bike would run like crap before you noticed a leak.

• Like 1

Leaking coolant hose from head or Tstat would run down over exhaust area. Did you actually pull pipe ? I would think the bike would run like crap before you noticed a leak.

Exactly what i was thinking about...