Sign in to follow this  

DRZ stolen - all sorted

Hi all

I was going to post this in the Oz thread as some there were aware of the situation. Anyway, I thought that with some people in this forum having less than ideal outcomes in relation to getting what they paid for lately, I thought a positive story may have wider appeal. 

My DRZ was stolen a few months back and when the police found it, it had some damage (still, got it back). By the time they had coated it in fingerprint powder, DNA testing stuff, it looked pretty crap with 2 flats, some broken bits etc.

I had a guy tow it from the police impound to a local mechanic with a reputation that was good. I went to look at it and with a few broken parts, covered in white powder etc, it looked like something a mother would struggle to love.

The mechanic let me know the engine was fine (drained oil, listened to motor etc) and repairs were underway. 

Next thing, I needed some parts. The thieves had ruined the tank trying to pry it open with a screwdriver. Not just the cap, but the tank as well. I needed a new tank. Craigo (of TT fame) sold me a tank, plastics, mirrors, indicators at what we in Oz call M8s R8s and personally couriered them about 1000km since he was doing a delivery by my part of the world as part of his job. 

So I was able to piece the bike back together. 

After it was stolen, I had to reconnect with the bike again. I bought a Yoshi RS2, rejetted, removed pair valve and solenoid, added Zeta rubber eliminators, new indicators and maybe one or two other things and the love is back. Again, Craigo gave advice along the way. 

I've been promising Craigo pics of the bike for a while and since no pics, it didn't happen is the deal, I've thrown in a few pics.

Craigo's generosity to one side, with the money I spent putting this bike back on the road, I could have bought a BBK, cams, suspension etc. Still, I'm not bitter about the experience. I have a bike that goes great (could have nothing), met Craigo (great guy - as you probably expect anyway) and had an awesome ride today (see pics below). 

Nothing else to say really!!!

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

• Like 10

Mate , What can I say..........

I feel honored and humbled by the kind words you have spoken and would say the pleasure of meeting was all mine......

Seeing the parts go to a good home has been achieved here ...The bike is looking sharp , you have pieced it back together fantastically....

Hope to get down your way sometime soon and catch up for that beer ... :cheers:

and of course running "The Old Pacific Hwy" with you would also be on " The Things To Do" List...Is that where the pics were taken>.?

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 5

You went well above an beyond - that is something that should be acknowledged.

Definitely keen for that beer any time.

The photos were from an area near where I live - West Head / Akuna Bay area. An Old Pacific Hwy run and maybe that been at Wolombi Pub would be nice!!

• Like 3

+20 to everything already said above....Craig is no doubt, true blue :aussy:

That said, hate to hear stories of the scumbags that steal and destroy.....lowest of the lowlife, imo. They are so selfish that the thought of all the grief they cause never enters their minds. Glad you finally got your bike back and can ride another day. Turned out great...........M8  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Dang I went close to a "warm and fuzzy" moment ...lol.....Thanks for the acknowledgement fella's,,,... :applause:

I am sure I did nothing that 99% of the guys on this forum would have done.....and have already done for other members... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dang I went close to a "warm and fuzzy" moment ...lol.....Thanks for the acknowledgement fella's,,,... :applause:

I am sure I did nothing that 99% of the guys on this forum would have done.....and have already done for other members... :thumbsup:

Yeh, but you do it consistently M8......it's makes you who you are!  ;)

• Like 2

Craigo,

What an awesome act of kindness.!  You are no doubt true blue all the way. Amazing generosity, benevolent, selfless, and honorable. You are indeed a man among men.

Good carma for you my friend.  :thumbsup:

Thank you.

• Like 4

that's what its all about helping each other out! Craig if i was ever in Australia, beers would be on me all day brother, your generosity and willingness to help people out is beyond what this forum is about cheers m8!  :cheers:

• Like 2