Sign in to follow this  

HELP PLZ

Today I bought a ktm85sx for my nephew. I road the bike was fine this morning I started it an road it until I realised the clutch lever was getting bit tough. I stopped an the clutch lever was stiff.????????? I did afterwards find that the clutch side casing had a crack in the top. Somebody had obviously over tightened the bolt. Could this b the problem.... Help plz

It usually helps a lot when people also post what bike and year they are asking about.

A better location of the crack in the clutch cover would beneficial too. Even a picture.

Perhaps a timeline. Did it just suddenly become hard or happen over a long period of time?

Edited by Trailryder42

A cracked clutch cover wouldn't cause a stiff clutch lever. Needs to be repaired or replaced though.

Is this a hydraulic or cable-activated clutch? If it's a cable, it likely that the cable is toast.

If hydraulic, sounds to me like you've got something going on inside the clutch itself.

Get yourself a service manual on disc and pull the inner clutch cover off and see what's going on. You'll need to do this anyway.

The parts fiche shows this to be a hydraulic clutch. Try pulling the clutch slave and see if the piston is damaged or mis-installed.