ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone ever tried this? DRC edge 2 Taillight with stock blinkers - DRZ

So I was a little naive when purchasing the DRC edge taillight, it was one of those mods on a drz that seems to be so common that it is basically your only option for a brake light.  Whilst I know that isn't true I still went with it, and did little to no research.  Well the day I got my package from forest was the day I realized what the hell am I going to do for blinkers? I know 12 o'clock labs makes an aftermarket engine for the LED's so that you can program them to react like a blinker, but I didn't buy that one so I wanted to find a way to use my stock blinkers. Maybe I just never saw any pictures or maybe its because nobody likes the stock blinkers, but I never really saw a bike with drc edge taillight and OEM blinkers. 

It is not permanent right now because I need to find a bracket that I can flush up to the tail light.  These stick out a half inch past it either side. 

The harness or "stays" for the blinker is pretty ugly up close, I used giant chrome colored washers so they stick out like a sore thumb. It needs work but I sort of like the two together, if anyone else has done this could you post some pics? I ran to home depot to get a more suitable bracket, we'll see....

DRC stock brake.jpg

DRC brake side .jpg

DRZ Brake.jpg

Quite a few people use their stock blinkers with the drc light. I have two friends that did. I asked one of them how they mounted/wired them so when I get an answer ill post again.. I on the other hand went with the 12 O Clock labs one in smoked. Its actually really cool. It has multiple brake light/blinker programs including the "three warning flash" for the brake light. If you can come up with the extra cash for the circuit board and wire harness (being that you already have the light) I would highly recommend it! And it just plugs right in. No cutting wires or anything. Im not 100% sure if that was the case using your stock blinkers with the drc light.

Edited by hondajon80

Oh ok, cool, I'm in south jersey, In cherry hill. about 30 minutes outside of philly. you ever ride out this way?

Oh okay well I kinda figured, I just never see it i suppose.  I only have 1 buddy with a motard down here, maybe we should all get together some time. and to answer your question yeah there is a bit of splicing and wiring for the blinkers and such, I really am clueless when it comes to electrical work, so plug and play is very desired for me. But this wasn't so bad, I just cut the old wires and hooked it them back up. if you can cut a wire you can pretty much do this.  

Edited by Khpro149