Sign in to follow this  

dr650 tw41 tire ? direction

Am I stupid or did the factory put the front TW41 tire on backwards? I went to D606's and did not like them on the street so I went back to the factory Trail Wings 42/41, got my new TW's on put about a hundred miles on them every thing was good on street and dirt roads but when I got home I noticed the front tire direction is now backwards from the factory set. I put them on according to the directional arrows on side walls (>rider>) looked at a old picture and it came from the factory (>rider<). WTF?

Go with the direction arrow, even if it looks backwards.  Keep in mind that the primary design for the rear is to "push" the bike and the front is primarily designed to "stop" the bike, so the tread may not look like it's matching up.

• Like 1

Go with the direction arrow, even if it looks backwards.  Keep in mind that the primary design for the rear is to "push" the bike and the front is primarily designed to "stop" the bike, so the tread may not look like it's matching up.

And often the carcass is directional also.

Mike

Thanks for the reassurance I will let it ride I wish I still had my first set to see if they had arrows or not I looked at several images online and all the newer stock DR's looked wrong and a few of the more used ones looked like they to followed the arrows when they changed tires. Thanks guys

In general tires should frown when you look at them. Sipes frowning when viewed from front in front and frowning in back when viewed from back. This design feature tends to be self cleaning in the direction of the forces they encounter. Braking forces strongest in front and driving in back.

Some must watch while others must sleep