Sign in to follow this  

Reiger shock on 14 Gas Gas - the manual is wrong

Bit of an FYI thread, today I was upping the spring rate on my new 14 Gas Gas 300.

FYI point 1: they use the same springs as KYB/Sachs shocks - 61.5mm ID spring total length 270mm.

Anyway I was flicking through the manual for the bike - available for download here: http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/download-enduro_2t_2014_eng.pdf.html and noticed on page 75 of the manual that the description is wrong. It correctly identifies the rebound adjuster, but shows an image of the bleed port screw (located on top of the shock body opposite side to the reservoir) and describes this as the low speed compression adjuster. Two problems with this, first being it would be impossible to adjust the LSC if the bike was together and the main more concerning one is if people start opening up bleed port screw thinking it's an LSC adjuster.....

Don't do it. The big purple knob on top of the reservoir which says compression adjuster - that is the compression adjustment. Leave the bleed port screw alone unless you're servicing the shock.

It's a shame because until that page I had been applauding the manual put out by Gas Gas. Their previous manuals have been ahem less then comprehensive.

It's fine. When I first got it it needed a revalve for woods riding, LSC and HSC were too stiff, LSR and HSR also too stiff. After the revalve all good. Comes std with a bladder so services are easy.

Be nice to have a HSC adjuster though. Only LSC on the std Gasser shocks which is annoying. I emailed reiger asking if I could purchase the HSC assembly since it comes std on the factory edition. No go, they weren't keen on that idea for some reason.

It's fine. When I first got it it needed a revalve for woods riding, LSC and HSC were too stiff, LSR and HSR also too stiff. After the revalve all good. Comes std with a bladder so services are easy.

Be nice to have a HSC adjuster though. Only LSC on the std Gasser shocks which is annoying. I emailed reiger asking if I could purchase the HSC assembly since it comes std on the factory edition. No go, they weren't keen on that idea for some reason.

Sell me that one and order the factory version?