Sign in to follow this  

anyone ever use one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Telecom-Emerson-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00AGMWWMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398000186&sr=8-1&keywords=emerson+helmet+cam

Would love a gopro, but not bad enough to pay the price for one. Im not a pro, never will be lol and the only person interested in seeing my shenanigans is probably me. So this looks like the perfect sports cam for me. Anyone have any experience? if so, how does it mount to helmets?

I thought about a GoPro for a while.  Then I bought a cheap "Spy" type vid camera from china for like ten bucks..   Mounted it on my helmet and took a few videos.  What I found is that the video is only interesting to the people in it..  There is a huge thread on here someplace about the chineee cameras..

I just bought a camera called the reaplay xd mini look them up it is 199$ but I love it comes with every thing you need I actually chose it over the go pro. It's about the size and shape if a tube of lipstick. Camera quality is very impressive.

I agree your friends might not want too sit around and watch a video of you trail riding for two hours but you will have fun with it I am glad I got it. And realy who cares if you and your riding buddy(or racing buddy) get too sit around after a day of riding and get too injoy the video that's worth it too me. Certain parts might bore you a little but just skip over them or learn how too flip the camera off at times no biggie. I will admit I also race and have a lot of down time at home cause I have two little kids so for me it's cool too watch some vids when I can't get out too ride. I will ad that I agree spending 4 or 5 hundred dollars I would not have bough one I think 200 was reasonable considering I am very happy with image quality. I think if the video was horrible too watch it would probly be even less i interesting to watch. So my advice would be no need too go super top of the line but get some thing half way decent or it won't even be worth effort. Mine records in 720 or 1080. The video quality too my untrained eye is awsome too me.

I bought one of go pro hero 3 for my son that's fifteen It's ok I let him pick it out and I'm not ignorant haha . I have him record his day to learn from mistakes

I started with the Emerson camera, quickly moved up to a Swann camera (GoPro ripoff) I found on clearance for $100 with every accessory that a guy could want, recently purchased the JVC camera (first Gen) for $100.....I have fun with them, but not enough to buy one for $400, 3 for <$300 has done well.

http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Telecom-Emerson-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00AGMWWMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398000186&sr=8-1&keywords=emerson+helmet+cam

Would love a gopro, but not bad enough to pay the price for one. Im not a pro, never will be lol and the only person interested in seeing my shenanigans is probably me. So this looks like the perfect sports cam for me. Anyone have any experience? if so, how does it mount to helmets?

For $40 it's worth a shot, but I can't think it's all that good because it's pretty low priced (IE: cheap), but try it out and let us know.  I saw a few generic's when I was in the market for a GO PRO because I thought $300-$400 was just ridiculous, and I still think it is.  I got lucky and found a guy on Craigslist selling a GO PRO 2 HD sealed in package and with some extra batteries and a 32gb card, and he threw in a wall charger thing which I don't use, but anyway, all for $200 cash.  I jumped on it.  Ended up meeting the guy at a Taco Bell (the guy actually gave me the address all the while I thought it was his house) so it was then I started to kind of question if this was all legit (IE: not stolen, a fake etc.,) but when I saw it was the real McCoy, I couldn't pass it up and bought it with cash in hand.  Was it stolen, well I'll take the 5th and decided to go with "don't ask" "don't tell".  As it went, the GP2 HD records a nice quality, so I guess the deal wasn't bad.  I will say this, I'm glad I bought it new sealed in a box as opposed to "used" and not knowing what it's been through. :devil:

Edited by YZ490-DEVIL

I can't help but say it again lol google replay xd. They recently just came out with the replay xd mini Great form factor they give you several mounts it comes with a case and a mini sd card. Super easy too operate big buttons that vibrate when you turn it on so you don't even have too look at it. I mounted under my visor. The picture quality blew me away. I just wanted some thing easy too use that wasn't a piece of junk and took a good picture. It was 199 dollars. I am very happy with my purchase. Check it out.