Sign in to follow this  

vibration?

I have a 07 450x with a baja design street legal kit. It is stock besides re jetting the carb. I bought it new in 08. Run amsoil in engine and trans. I have prolly 1500 miles on it. Any ways I have developed a vibration on mid to hi rpms. And also kinda some drag while rolling The engine over by hand with the kicker and spark plug out. It still runs great thoe. I have taken the clutch apart and inspected everthing in there. Trans spins freely so I dont think its a trans issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Crankbearing. Something in the topend? Anyhelp would be great. Need toget it fixed I have lots of ridden to do this summer.

Motor mounts were the first thing i checked. And do a lot of mixed riddeing. Trails back roads.

Edited by jonny mopar

It is much worse them normal. Its as bad as my old 85 cr500. I just started to notice the vibration this spring. And it vibrates while sitting stil. Free reving it with the clutch pulled or out dosnt make a difference. I have been debating on trading it in but a nee 450x isnt much differnt then my 07

This is not a problem I have every heard of.

I would suspect a motor mount is loose.

Have you sat on another running X to compare?

Do you run at extremely low rpm? Your piston might be rocking if you do, as the slipper motors don't like this too much.

You have probably 60-90 hours on the motor, and it might be time to inspect the piston run-out specs.

I have not rode another x. But ive owned this one since new. And have owned a lot of bikes. It does not smoke or make any weird noises when its running. And dosnt make a difference if im goimg 0 or 90mph. Its in the mid to higher rpm

This is a tough one. If it were mine I would pull the valve cover and inspect all things. I'm not sure what year the X changed decompressor style but on my old 450r I had a vibration that only appeared mid to high rpm and it wound up being the decomp assembly.

If it isn't anything below the valve cover then I would check runoff of the rod. Gotta get a new gasket kit if ya gotta check ,bummer

Or there is a aftermarket piece acting up. Skidplate, guards blah blah

Edited by StonedInNy

2007's have the older style DeComp assembly but if there were a problem with that, I would think that it would be hard to start. But not a bad idea to check it anyway. Maybe a dumb question but have you checked your tires/wheels to make sure that's not it. Also make sure that your chain is adjusted properly.

Its not tires or chain. It does it even while sitting still. Ihave not checked the top end over yet. The bike fires right up. Easy. Even with the estart. It has never been apart at all. Still has oe spark plug. Its always run great. I guess this week I will pull the top off it and check things out.