Sign in to follow this  

2014 ktm 250xc

Well I went to my local dealer to look around and ended up buying a brand spankin new ktm. I was riding street bikes for a year or two and rode dirt bikes all my life goodbye streetbike hello enduro. So far this bike is amazing the power is so luggy but it screams if you want it does exactly what your throttle hand ask for

20140419_182030.jpg

20140419_170531.jpg

Congratulations on the ride thats a fantastic machine. Theres also ton of info around about set up and mods if you choose.  :thumbsup:

Edited by rmx rider

Well I went to my local dealer to look around and ended up buying a brand spankin new ktm. I was riding street bikes for a year or two and rode dirt bikes all my life goodbye streetbike hello enduro. So far this bike is amazing the power is so luggy but it screams if you want it does exactly what your throttle hand ask for

do not tell all the " 300 cult"....

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply thank you all for the good advice I've ridden this bike since and man does it make me ride good unlike my crf when I would get in tight woods or trials stuff it would cut out and not bog I think u made a great choice the more I think about the power and snap I get with my 250 compared to a 300 the more I grin :)

Good job.  I jumped on the same deal.  The fork won't start working until about 5 hours on it.  The bike really wasn't much fun to ride in those hours either... lol.  

• Like 1

its good you said that because my forks have been felling pretty harsh lol i think i might need to jump up a spring in the rear im about 215 no gear.

Ya, same here on the weight/spring.  I really didn't like the bike at all, thought I made a huge mistake, but now it's coming around.  Got my jetting sorted and the suspension is actually doing something. 

I posted my jetting setup in the "250 jetting" thread.  NECW needle was the winner for me, couldn't get any of the stock ones to work.  

I put that KTM 6-days skid plate on, that $40 grab handle, some Cycra full wrap hand-guards and the FMF TCII silencer.  Ready to rock n roll now!  

Check your spokes.  Blue loc-tite on your shifter bolt asap.  I didn't strip mine down to re-grease everything.  I figure I'll get to all the parts I need to as I upgrade things.  

• Like 1

Perfectly said everything I needed to know. When I got my bike of course they put a break in premix which is super rich so I ended up fouling a plug on that tank it would just load up everywhere. But now I'm playing with 50:1 or 60:1 so well see but at start up you really got to pay attention don't just let it sit there and idle or your fouling a plug lol. But that jetting write up i will check that out could definitely help that issue. My next buy is a trials tire my dad swears by them.