Sign in to follow this  

Parts and upgrades for a 2014

I know the bike is new just seeing if anyone else has found aftermarket components that I haven't had luck with yet. I'm looking for the below.

(1) Slide plate covering water pump and ignition cover.

(2) Complete plastics kit.

I had a really nice GYTR skid plate for my 08 but only see glide plates on their site for the 14. I think I saw one from Works Connection and I think Devol has one too I just really liked the look of the 08 GYTR.

As for plastics I've always liked the fit of acherbis (spelling?) but can't find a complete kit. I also don't see OEM plastics available yet. Any suggestions on these would be much appreciated. I'm not riding the bike until I have a decent skid plate. I do MX, AX, and off road and don't want to mash up the frame or engine.

I put the works connection skidplate on ours.the last set of plastic from acerbis that we tried on our 2013 did not fit very good,the holes for the seat bolts were about a quarter inch off.I cant beleive yamaha did'nt put a skidplate on the 14,you would think that a bike costing over 7 grand would at least have something on it to protect the engine cases.The aftermarket stuff will become more availible as time goes on.This bike is very competitive in stock form,to get more out of it,you will need to do some serious motor work.from what i have seen so far,i think that setting up the suspension and spending some time with the power tuner and a good oxygenated fuel will yeild good results.

• Like 2

charlie did you get the devol skid or the glide? I'm thinking the glide would work good for me as i already have gytr waterpump guard mounted

cool...im having trouble finding their glide plate anywhere other than direct, and they want too much for shipping!!

Seems I've read of several here that bought '14's and then are looking for a "complete set of plastic".

What's up with that?

Of course I've notice several here are seriously into spending a lot on bling.

Is this a Yamaha thing?

Or a TT thing?

I missed the memo.

(Although I will admit I bought a set of red ASV F3 pro-pack levers/perches, and they are nice!)

Seems I've read of several here that bought '14's and then are looking for a "complete set of plastic".

What's up with that?

Of course I've notice several here are seriously into spending a lot on bling.

Is this a Yamaha thing?

Or a TT thing?

I missed the memo.

(Although I will admit I bought a set of red ASV F3 pro-pack levers/perches, and they are nice!)

Can't speak for others but I always pull the original plastics and store them till I sell the bike. I always my own graphics so I buy all new plastics to put my graphics on. When I go to sell my bike down the road I install the original plastics so the bike looks almost showroom new when I sell it.