Need new tires

My favorite combo so far has been an MT-43 rear and Parker DT front.  Kenda Parker DT is DOT and I can attest that the front, at least, is great.  I've used MT-21 and the 606 fronts - MT was okay, hated the 606.  Wears like iron, and grips about as well.  I haven't tried the Parker rear but I've heard its good, as is the Trackmaster II which is another DOT rear I have tried and liked. 

My favorite combo so far has been an MT-43 rear and Parker DT front. Kenda Parker DT is DOT and I can attest that the front, at least, is great. I've used MT-21 and the 606 fronts - MT was okay, hated the 606. Wears like iron, and grips about as well. I haven't tried the Parker rear but I've heard its good, as is the Trackmaster II which is another DOT rear I have tried and liked.

So that mt-43 is a solid dirt tire for soft to intermediate?

Sounds like it might outperform your standard knobbies

Supposedly it sucks on wet logs and in clay mud, but I've never been on either.  Its worse than a knobby in low speed sand, bout the same for high speed sand.  Descending on loose soil is much more interesting since it doesn't offer a lot of traction there.  Other than that I'd say that it greatly excels a knobby in all conditions that I've used it in, and I generally get about 2000 miles to a tire, even with a lot of street use.  10psi full time too, so one less tire to air up/down when transferring from dirt and street.  Its the only rear tire I'll run now (I'm on my 4th or 5th one).  For hard packed trails you'll have more traction than you've ever had, and the tire will last 5-10x longer.

Edited by wallrat

How about a good dirt tire for soft terrain ?

I've been purchasing a lot of DOT dirt bike tires for years and even have my own tire changing machine and balancer in the garage. Soft terrian= (Pirelli Scropion Pro/MotoZ IT's/ M21) with Super Heavy Tubes! so you can drop the pressures as all DOT agressive tires like low pressures (10-13 lbs)

The Dunlop 606 is a POS, no matter what you do to it............