Sign in to follow this  

Trade for a crf 250?

I want to start racing but I don't want to race a bone stock (other than carb adjustments by sparks racing) TTR 230. I was thinking of lowering a 250 and racing it. But I'm not sure if it is right for me. I have never raced and I just want to try. Any suggestions on racing or trading?

I want to start racing but I don't want to race a bone stock (other than carb adjustments by sparks racing) TTR 230. I was thinking of lowering a 250 and racing it. But I'm not sure if it is right for me. I have never raced and I just want to try. Any suggestions on racing or trading?

It might help if you told us what type of racing you were interested in.

Do you mean motocross?

If so, then it's a no-brainer because a CRF250R is a motocross bike (assuming you mean CRF250R).

I wouldn't consider a trade if my TTR were in great condition and the CRF were in crummy condition, though, and there are lots of poorly-maintained motocross bikes out there that are "mint".

Edited by YZEtc

Yes sir. Motocross. Just at my local track but they said if I raced my ttr they would put me in 250 beginner

TTR is NOT a race bike. You can have a bit of fun and learn some things, but it's really bad suspension.

The CRF IS a race bike and would do much better. 
BUT they also require a LOT more maintenance including expensive parts and maintenance. 

Yes sir. Motocross. Just at my local track but they said if I raced my ttr they would put me in 250 beginner

I don’t know what size person you are, but before I purchased a bike for something

I’ve never done, I would change the springs and shocks (racetech) and see if I liked

Motocross racing. As far as starting as a beginner, you are a beginner. If your

Skill improves or you prove your skill it will be no problem moving up

I don't think anyone would trade a crf for a ttr, you would be better of selling the ttr and buying a 250f. And don't just look at Hondas, buy the cleanest bike in your price range.