Sign in to follow this  

Curtis Sparks pipe on a TTR 230

I am good friends with Curtis sparks' son and I can get a pipe from him but I'm not sure if it is worth the money??? Is it really worth it for a TTR 230?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398020092.020325.jpg

Whether something is worth it is such a personal choice.

If the question is-will I get an acceptable power increase for the money I pay, then the answer is not even close. That is a great stock bike when uncorked, and I would save every dollar for the day when I wanted bigger bike suspension.

We all think like that. However, realizing when you have reached maximum practical improvement take a lot of years of wasting money to learn when to stop.

Stock. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

All of the aftermarket systems for that bike are going to run you from $250-$600, and you'll gain 1 hp at best, while making the bike MUCH louder.

It's not a performance bike. Enjoy it for what it is, a friendly easy-to-ride trail bike. If you want a race bike, buy one.

• Like 3

You didn't like my answer the first time you asked this, so you decided to start another thread asking the same question?

No sorry it just double posted and I don't know how to delete a thread from an iPhone...

Stock. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

All of the aftermarket systems for that bike are going to run you from $250-$600, and you'll gain 1 hp at best, while making the bike MUCH louder.

It's not a performance bike. Enjoy it for what it is, a friendly easy-to-ride trail bike. If you want a race bike, buy one.

Best money spent is keeping you in the saddle, fuel, oil and tires. Suspension way above a horsepower.

Mike

• Like 3