Sign in to follow this  

TTR 225, stock carb, 2003

I have a 2003 TTR 225.  I rode it a week ago and it started and ran fine.  Yesterday it ran terrible; wouldn't idle and would only run if throttled off-idle.  I took the carb off and found the small black side cover over the small diaphragm had a crack all the way to the passage tube.  Yamaha doesn't offer it as a replacement part, though I found one on Ebay for $52.00.  After doing some research, I've read where some people with this bike have installed an aftermarket carb and cable adapter kit with good results.  Can anyone recommend what to do or buy?  I'd like a drop-in replacement, mainly for reliability and driveability, if that is the smart choice instead of fixing the stock carb..  

I have a 2003 TTR 225.  I rode it a week ago and it started and ran fine.  Yesterday it ran terrible; wouldn't idle and would only run if throttled off-idle.  I took the carb off and found the small black side cover over the small diaphragm had a crack all the way to the passage tube.  Yamaha doesn't offer it as a replacement part, though I found one on Ebay for $52.00.  After doing some research, I've read where some people with this bike have installed an aftermarket carb and cable adapter kit with good results.  Can anyone recommend what to do or buy?  I'd like a drop-in replacement, mainly for reliability and driveability, if that is the smart choice instead of fixing the stock carb..

Part # 6?

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2003/TTR225%20-%20TTR225R/CARBURETOR/parts.html

On the diagram, it is the part between item 6 and item 17. Item 13 o-ring and the spring from item 6 both seat into the cover that I need.