Sign in to follow this  

450 SXF 2013 refused to start, clicking noice, started when i pushed it with gear in

As topic says, it just made a clicking sound when i pushed the button, then i rolled the bike 30cm with gear in, just gave it a push when sitting on the bike, second time i did that it started!?

Sounds like something was missaligned and was corrected when i pushed the engine around? The click sound was just a quiet click, repeated as many times i push the start button. No fuelpump ran, no starter engine.

Any idea what it could be? Bike runs perfect otherwise, 130h now and was serviced completely at 110 (splitt engine).

Hmm, but why would it then start as soon as i push the bike in gear 20-30cm fwd just to turn the engine around slightly, then when i hit the button it starts as normal?

For me it sounds like something was not aligned properly, or in a dead point, but have no idea what i could be?! Ignition? Starter engine?

Dyin batt or bad starter or lose wirin

You pick

Tryin not to tinker with my bike anymore...

So no mentionin of new gizmos plz

Edited by Naf

If it's like our 350 SXF, if it stops with the piston at a certain point (just before TDC on compression?) it struggles to turn over at first even with a well charged battery. By pushing it in gear you got it past that point. Well that's my theory anyway.

Confirmed it is the started engine. Removed it and it felt strange pushing it around manually. Opended up the starter engine and 20-30% of the carbon (i think it is) running around  was in pieces. Will call my dealer tommorrow. can not be like it should last 130h only!

U can find repair kits on ebay for our starters. Just look for one that is similar to what u have

Tryin not to tinker with my bike anymore...

So no mentionin of new gizmos plz

Hi

We are using Motec M84 for the engine management and data acquisition for our ktm 500 exc engine.Is it compulsory to use the starter and fuel pump relay to start the engine? We are having issue with starting our engine it just cranks and doesnt start.It even reached 4000rpm but didnt start. 

Can anyone please guide us how to find the Crank Index Position (CRIP), (an option to be set in Motec M84) without timing light and how to find the top dead centre.

Hi

We are using Motec M84 for the engine management and data acquisition for our ktm 500 exc engine.Is it compulsory to use the starter and fuel pump relay to start the engine? We are having issue with starting our engine it just cranks and doesnt start.It even reached 4000rpm but didnt start. 

Can anyone please guide us how to find the Crank Index Position (CRIP), (an option to be set in Motec M84) without timing light and how to find the top dead centre.

All I know is that when I lifted the tank on the 350SXF the other day to sort out throttle cable routing it then wouldn't start at first. I had slightly disturbed the fuel pump connection. Just enough to the unlatch the clip. Pushed it back in properly and away it went. TDC could be found using a probe through the plug hole  touching the piston crown whilst watching the cams and valves, but as it's a very deep in the head and access is limited you would need to be inventive with what to use.

Edited by 72degrees