Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way to start a bike with no throttle assembly?

im thinking about buying a bike that has no throttle cable. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to start the bike and see if the engine is running?

Thanks

The bike should start without a throttle assy on the bar. It might have a vacuum leak dur to a missing cable.

However, I suggest steering clear of it. If the bike needs work, the seller should make the bike function. If they are not willing to do so, you have to wonder what else is 'not right'.

"SHE RUNS REAL GOOD! I DONE JUST MISPLACED THE THROTTLE SEMBLY I AD OFF FER NO RESEN ATALL"

"Tryin to polish her up real good so I took the throttle assembly off. Figured it looked better without it so I left it off. Also, just put a blue Powerband in each gear! Whooooo it's fast!"

" BIKE IS MINT $2500 FIRM I WILL NOT TAKE ANY LESS. LOTS OF AFTERMARKET PARTS PRO CIRCUIT FMF SILENCER FMF CARB BOYSEN READS"

meanwhile it's 10 years old and just about every small part has been neglected so bad that it must be replaced and it's missing half the plastics. Craigslist gems 

" BIKE IS MINT $2500 FIRM I WILL NOT TAKE ANY LESS. LOTS OF AFTERMARKET PARTS PRO CIRCUIT FMF SILENCER FMF CARB BOYSEN READS"

meanwhile it's 10 years old and just about every small part has been neglected so bad that it must be replaced and it's missing half the plastics. Craigslist gems

So true!

Typical CL postings:

-only 10 hrs on fresh top end

-price is firm

...and one I saw this morning for a 97 RM250 "needs top end, but runs great"