Sign in to follow this  

Outta here..

It's a sad day. On my third set of fork seals in 10 months and forks are leaking air again.

Sending the kawi down the road and looking for something with no air forks.

Yeah I just sold mine , I got sick of checking them, most of the time when mine were leaking they just needed cleaning

I know of a set of 2012 forks that are take-offs with 0 hours on them. I can check if he would sell if you are interested.

I have the MX Tech conversion. It was not cheap but they are the best forks I've had. Definitely worth the $$. The MX Tech conversion is a little less expensive than the Ohlins which I was also considering. 

The tuner that did my conversion changed up the "suggested" valving that MX Tech provided based on his own experience and the target rider (Vet int MX only) and the result was great.

Edited by skthom2320

It's a love hate relationship, I absolutely love the bike and the fork action. It's those damn air forks, either it's dumping the oil or losing air.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 14 KTM 450 Factory Edition. I guess the WP 4CS forks are the cats ass and the best part of it all is it's not a PSF fork.

It's a sad day. On my third set of fork seals in 10 months and forks are leaking air again.

Sending the kawi down the road and looking for something with no air forks.

How many hours do you have on the bike? I just picked up a leftover '13. I will be eagerly waiting for my seals to start leaking lolol. Thats the only thing I was worried about with purchasing the kawi.

My other 2 choices were the rmz450 and 450sxf. I know the ktm suspension still isnt up to par by some peoples standards. I loved all 3 of my ktm's. All I had to do was re-spring them for my weight and play with the clickers. I still want to get my hands on a 350sxf.

My last bike was a 2013 KTM 350 SXF. Loved the bike, hated the vibration in the bars, it was overwhelming. I'm hoping the 450's don't vibrate as bad. As far as the forks go its has the new 4CS 4 chamber setup, Its supposedly better.

Edited by duhameister

My last bike was a 2013 KTM 350 SXF. Loved the bike, hated the vibration in the bars, it was overwhelming. I'm hoping the 450's don't vibrate as bad. As far as the forks go its has the new 4CS 4 chamber setup, Its supposedly better.

I ride a 250sx last year and it vibrated horribly, never rode another ktm, maybe it's a ktm thing cause I've ridden many 2 stroked that didn't vibrate like that.

• Like 1

My friend has a 14 250 xc and says the forks are VERY harsh. Sent them to FC and supposedly they have done a bunch as it is a common complaint.

How much does the mxtech conversion run?? cant find a price for it?

dont want to hijack thread but i have a 2013 kx 450f never dealt with air forks before is there a sign that something is going wrong or are you seeing them go down with a gauge?

My forks are constantly losing oil out the seals. I'm not sure it's becuase of added air pressure or what, but all my other bikes seals last a few years. I found the air leak in the right fork leg today, it was losing all the air out the cap at the filler needle.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

My forks are constantly losing oil out the seals. I'm not sure it's becuase of added air pressure or what, but all my other bikes seals last a few years. I found the air leak in the right fork leg today, it was losing all the air out the cap at the filler needle.

Sorry to hear that..its gotten to the point that im saving money away on the side cause it doesnt seem as if the forks fail but when :( 

I barely rode my bike around my back yard maybe an hour before I tore the whole thing apart... I'm sending my fork and rear shock to mxtech. (1400-1500 bucks they quoted me to do both) but I had planned on doin this before I bought the bike.... I ride off road and don't trust the air fork...

My friend has a 14 250 xc and says the forks are VERY harsh. Sent them to FC and supposedly they have done a bunch as it is a common complaint.

Thats what steered me away from getting another ktm. I figured i would take my chances with the air fork cuz they seem to perform very well when everything is in good working order and not leaking.

How many psi are you running? Im scared to run more than 35psi. It seems like that when people run higher psi, they have problems. Im new to these air forks, so im trying to dig up as much info and pointers on them as possible.