Sign in to follow this  

powervalve vent take off 05 rm 250

are these available? mine keeps coming off the brass knurled fitting on the top of the cylinder. it appears to be a push fit but mine seems to be worn. I don't know wether it will cause adverse running issues or not (I cant see it been a problem tbh) but the fact that dirt ingress is likely could be seeing as its on the top of the cylinder. has anyone else had this and is it a case of relacing the small take off or can you carefully bond it in place with some vht sealant to help secure it? sorry for the surge in seemingly stupid questions, im new to all this mx malarkey and I know theres some clued up people on here. many thanks in advance

Edited by mgtkr1

is it just a vent or can it affect the top end performance if it comes away? I haven't really looked closely as I only got the bike sunday but as far as I can see its just a vent from the pv chamber. cheers for the reply

It's just a vent, without the hose you'll end up with exhaust spooge/drool making a mess everywhere instead of just at the end of the vent hose.