Sign in to follow this  

Washington NMA hare scramble at Eddieville & starvation Ridge April 26 & 27

The rescheduled NMA hare scramble at Eddieville is saturday April 26th. Short course will start at 10am , running for 1 1/2 hrs.and long course at 12 ish, running for 2 1/2 hrs.

. Camping is free, gate fee $10 for the weekend, $35 per race.  If we have any, we will race junior A ( up to 105 2 stroke/150 4 stroke), junior B's,( 65 2 stroke/110 4 stroke) and junior C's ( 50 cc 2 stroke/ 70cc 4 stroke). Junior racers fee is $25.

Juniors will race at 9am.One or both days.

Sunday will be the NMA Starvation Ridge hare scramble. Same format and start times. Starvation Ridge is 10 miles west of Eddieville and the site of our popular 24 hr team race in October.

Eddieville course will feature the MX course, flattrack, grass track, some grassy trails, and some  rock sections.

Starvation Ridge course will include going through the barn and farmhouse, several rocky sections, fresh trails, and whatever else we can string together.

forecast looks like showers through the week, so shouldn't be too dusty. we can always run through some ponds if it seems too dry!

Any chance your gonna cancel last minute due to the weather report?

Nope.  Last month our ground was saturated and we had no holding capacity for water. We ended up with several mudholes the next weeknd even without any extra moisture.

At this time, the winds have done their thing and we are as dry as, or dryer than normal. We can stand a lot of rain without ending up with impassable conditions, which was my concern last month. The ground is dry, and we have a lot of usable grass sections that can stand a ton of rain.

Most of our winter moisture fell in late February and first part of March, instead of December /January, so we were quite wet in the first foot of soil. We were trying to run on a thin dry crust. When that got soaked, we had no base. 

Now we have a relatively dry base that can absorb a large amount of moisture.

I expect we will have some dust both days in the long course. Short courses might be dust free, maybe.

You can start camping Thursday night if you want. And there is no locked gate at night or charge for camping.

Edited by Scoott
  • Like 2

Here is the schedule and prices for the weekend.  Remember that there is no potable water at Starvation ridge.

APRIL 26TH, 2014 AT EDDIEVILLE

SCHEDULE: Early sign up Saturday afternoon. Race day sign up 7:am.  Riders meeting 8:30am.

Junior A's, B's & C's start at 9:am. Not NMA classes - Just for fun for the kids.  Will race on a modified course.

Junior C: Up to 8 years old. 50cc 2 and 4 stroke. Rides the Jr C course.

Junior Beginner: up to 11 years old up to 65cc 2-stroke or 110cc 4-stroke.

junior Amateur: Up to 15 years old. Up to 112 2-stroke or 150cc 4-stroke

Short Course starts at 10:am. OPEN C, 200C, VET C SENIOR B&C, WOMEN, SPORTSMAN, SUPER SENIOR A & B, MASTERS AND 15 & UNDER.

Long course starts at 12:00. AA, OPEN A&B, 200 A&B,VET A&B AND SENIOR A.

The course for the April 26th Eddieville race will be between 7 to 11 miles in length depending upon conditions.  Course will include the 1 &1/2 mile MX track (forwards or backwards?) Some or all of our 1/2 mile flat track, some old and new grass track all woven into our GP course.  Expect a fast course with new tighter sections added into the mix.

Gate Fee - $10.00  - 8 & under free Solo races entries - $35.00 Junior A's, B’s, C’s race entries  -$25.00

APRIL 27TH 2014 AT STARVATION RIDGE

SCHEDULE: Early sign up Saturday afternoon. Race day sign up 7:am.  Riders meeting 8:30am.

Junior A's, B's & C's start at 9:am. Not NMA classes - Just for fun for the kids. Will ride a modified course.             

Junior C: Up to 8 years old. 50cc 2 and 4 stroke. Rides the Jr C course.

Junior Beginner: up to 11 years old up to 65cc 2-stroke or 110cc 4-stroke.

junior Amateur: Up to 15 years old. Up to 112 2-stroke or 150cc 4-stroke

Short Course starts at 10:am. OPEN C, 200C, VET C SENIOR B&C, WOMEN, SPORTSMAN, SUPER SENIOR A & B, MASTERS AND 15 & UNDER.

Long course starts at 12:00. AA, OPEN A&B, 200 A&B,VET A&B AND SENIOR A.

Gate Fee $10.00  - 8 & under free - Solo races entries - $35.00 - Junior A's, B’s, C’s race entries  -$25.00

Starvation Ridge will run 11-15 miles in length. The course will be a mixture of old and new, reflecting the new freedom that we have to go wherever we want.  ROCKS?...  You got em!  Tight trails?....We can do that too!

So what happens if the kid is under 15 but riding a YZ125? The NMA series rules only state 15 & under with any size bike.He is racing the NMA series as Junior class.

So what happens if the kid is under 15 but riding a YZ125? The NMA series rules only state 15 & under with any size bike.He is racing the NMA series as Junior class.

15 and under class in the short course. The 9am race is typically for little guys, usually there are two classes 8&under and 9-12. Each promoter can run the non NMA points kids races any way they choose.

15 and under class in the short course. The 9am race is typically for little guys, usually there are two classes 8&under and 9-12. Each promoter can run the non NMA points kids races any way they choose.

That is what I thought until I saw this....   "junior Amateur: Up to 15 years old. Up to 112 2-stroke or 150cc 4-stroke"

That is what I thought until I saw this.... "junior Amateur: Up to 15 years old. Up to 112 2-stroke or 150cc 4-stroke"

Basically means super-minis can do the kids race, which is crazy to me, no young man on a super mini should be out with 8&under kids in my opinion. My son is 9 and just got on an 85 and will probably be on short course once or twice this year and full time on short course in two years.

What type of payment do you accept Scott? I'm heading out Friday morning and want to make sure I show up with enough cash if need be. Thanks!

Had a great time on the short course on Saturday, the live scoring screen was pretty cool.

As I was leaving (just after the long course start) two ambulances came past me the other direction, anyone know the story behind that?

Thanks to Scott for a great event!

Hope everyone was ok!

Both banged up. The worst injured suffered a concussion. He helped us the next day.

• Like 1