Looking for riding area with mostly miles of forested fire roads.

There are plenty.  Just about every OHV park in Northern California has endless fire roads in the dirt.  Lot's of places you can mix in some single track too!

Wow!  The list is endless.

Greenhorn, Secret Town, Washington, Burlington Ridge, Elkins Flat, Foresthill, Mormon Immigrant Trail, Robinson Flat, Sugar Pine, Silver Lake, Strawberry, Stonyford, etc. 

There's even more further north.  I'll let the locals up there tell ya about those!  Guess you're closer to the coast.

Northern California is a big spot............................................ If you're more specific so will we!  ?  ?

Edited by superslyko

My suggestion would be to just peel out of your driveway and head to the nearest mountains. As soon as you see a dirt road, go for it! The best adventures are the ones not planned. 

I did a 5500 miler a few years back. My only plan was to get to Billings MT for the National Hillclimb championships. It ended up being a Western states tour that included Yellowstone Park, MT Rushmore, the Badlands and much more.....

I still do a LOT of unplanned rides. In your neck of the woods, there is no shortage of fun stuff!

• Like 2

mammoth lakes.... endless jeep roads...

Been lost out there more times than I'd like to admit. A tad boring. 2 track everywhere. I guess that's what the OP wants though. Beautiful place to ride. Camped at big creek and was hassled by no one except bears. I hear there is some single track on the west side of hwy but never found any.

• Like 1

Been lost out there more times than I'd like to admit. A tad boring. 2 track everywhere. I guess that's what the OP wants though. Beautiful place to ride. Camped at big creek and was hassled by no one except bears. I hear there is some single track on the west side of hwy but never found any.

exactly what the OP was looking for in the most beautiful place ever... but yeah... in my opinion... boring... i've ridden the famed Olivie's (the best west one) before it was reclaimed by new boundaries and it was stellar, and there are a few others out there, but the are hidden for good reason... bishop is actually a better place to stage from if you are searching for singletrack on the eastside....