Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust pipe glows in the dark?

Is this normal on th e first start up.

I changed the oil, filter, cleaned the screens. Drained it by the book, and when I got finished it was dark. 2 minutes of idleing turned the pipe into a cigarette lighter?? Please tell me that's not abnormal. ... and what color is ur coolant. My two stroke was green. Looks like this one has water in it. Helppppppp me. Its my first 4stroke. Please??? Thanks guys. I'm hoping to run a race or 2 this year to feel out the thumper.

The pipe does that from the heat. If you rev it when it's night out, it'll also shoot flames out the muffler.

The pipe should glow a deep red/ orange color. It's just the heat. Don't let it idle like that for more than a minute. It'll overheat.

Your coolant should be blue. I don't believe green car coolant is good to put in a dirtbike as I thought it contains something that corrodes the internal parts in it.

You coolant can be light blue or dark blue. If it's a light blue, it's probably Spectro or some other coolant.

Engine Ice is a dark blue and do NOT mix it with any other coolant as it WILL gel and destroy your engine when you run it.