Sign in to follow this  

My first jump. wow

So today I went to Crooms. This was my 4th time out there and i had a blast riding all day. during lunch i was eating and watching these guys jump this hill in the middle of the sandpit, it was almost like a washout on one side with a slope on the other and at the top its about 7 or 8 feet. I sat there for 10 mins watching these guys and thought i would give it a try so i geared up and didn't find my balls for about an hour or so because I kept bailing at the last second, its almost like my brain had a no jump block. after a while i found my balls and followed the same line the other guys did so i would not end up in the mud pit under the jump. I finally came around 4th gear all the way and hit it. There is no other feeling like this nothing can beat it, the launch was quick but when i went airborne it was almost slow motion. the feeling of your feet just floating on the pegs, the feeling in your gut when your insides want to keep going up plus the satisfaction that you actually committed to something that scares you and overcame it. the landing was not bad, I almost hit my chin on the bar but after that first jump it was easy. I am so proud of myself right now words cannot describe. I even called my mom and told her.....and im 24 loll. 

I can see why guys swim with sharks jump from planes and risk life and limb,its not for fame or money but that feeling is what they want its the greatest feeling in the world that dwarfs any drug on earth

sorry for getting all emotional and whatnot, the jump was small but it was a huge hurdle for me and something i have been looking forward too.

Edited by KTM250sxFL
  • Like 8

It's more then just riding man it's one of the best feelings in the world hands down

Yz125

Kx250f

I'm hooked. Addicted.

The only issue is.

You keep going higher and higher. Keep the rubber face down my friend. When you land at least. Ride on

• Like 1

Hah. Same here.I don't even want to attempt a jump on my 450 for the fear of it crushing me since it weighs twice my weight.

Good job, I'm sure you'll get used of it. It takes either a lot of balls to jump, or not much brains.

Maybe you'll be the next Travis Pastrami.

• Like 1

So today I went to Crooms. This was my 4th time out there and i had a blast riding all day. during lunch i was eating and watching these guys jump this hill in the middle of the sandpit, it was almost like a washout on one side with a slope on the other and at the top its about 7 or 8 feet. I sat there for 10 mins watching these guys and thought i would give it a try so i geared up and didn't find my balls for about an hour or so because I kept bailing at the last second, its almost like my brain had a no jump block. after a while i found my balls and followed the same line the other guys did so i would not end up in the mud pit under the jump. I finally came around 4th gear all the way and hit it. There is no other feeling like this nothing can beat it, the launch was quick but when i went airborne it was almost slow motion. the feeling of your feet just floating on the pegs, the feeling in your gut when your insides want to keep going up plus the satisfaction that you actually committed to something that scares you and overcame it. the landing was not bad, I almost hit my chin on the bar but after that first jump it was easy. I am so proud of myself right now words cannot describe. I even called my mom and told her.....and im 24 loll. 

I can see why guys swim with sharks jump from planes and risk life and limb,its not for fame or money but that feeling is what they want its the greatest feeling in the world that dwarfs any drug on earth

sorry for getting all emotional and whatnot, the jump was small but it was a huge hurdle for me and something i have been looking forward too.

Rock on man!!! Good job. I felt the exact same way when I FINALLY had enough balls to learn jumps. Even though I race GP enduros, I still go out to the track to keep those skills fresh and love me some air time! :ride:

Good thing you have an SX.  ON my bikes you really have to grease the landings.  I've been close to going to Croom a few times.  I'm a snow bird.  A word of advice, don't call your mom and tell her you just landed an amazing jump.  I'm 40+ and my mom still worries about me.

• Like 1