Sign in to follow this  

At my wits end with my dang clutch lever perch.

I don't care if it costs me $200 I want the exact same thing the big boys use. I don't want ANY slop or looseness in my lever. Not any up and down play. I'm sick to death of seeing it bounce up and down on me. I don't mean play in the cable I mean like lever play up and down. It's horrible. No matter what I do no matter if I shim it or whatever it still ends up slopping around like the levers on an old clapped out 80's bike. It's driving me nuts. So what should I get? Sunline? Works connection? And I wanna make sure the bend and perch geometry is specific to the Yamaha 250 2 strokes so it pulls like it's supposed to. Thanks

Edited by CRF450ish

I use Works Connection. No slop after 50 hours on the 150. I like them so much I got an identical one for the 250. I got the CR lever, but that's just personal taste.

Which one? The ARC RC8?

I've had good luck with the pro taper. Very good perch and lever. Minimal also.

• Like 1

Just ordered the easy 1-2-3 step works connection Elite clutch perch. $140. I'm happy. Can't wait to actually have a decent clutch control. Always ran the stocker. Now my question is this.... What levers out there will fit this? Cause I'm not about to pay $37 for a damn lever of they break

Stay away from ASV perches and levers if you dont want floppy ones. I like them myself, but the clutch lever has over an inch of play at the tip, I kid you not. I never noticed it while riding, when I put my fingers out for it I never missed it or anything. But sitting at the campsite checking out each others' bikes and swapping lies, folks wiggle it and they can't believe it. It was embarassing.

Just ordered the easy 1-2-3 step works connection Elite clutch perch. $140. I'm happy. Can't wait to actually have a decent clutch control. Always ran the stocker. Now my question is this.... What levers out there will fit this? Cause I'm not about to pay $37 for a damn lever of they break

So $140 for a perch is ok, but $37 for a replacement lever is too much?

• Like 2

To be fair, the perch is more of a one-time purchase.  You could potentially break 3 levers in 3 rides though.

• Like 1

Yeah that's correct.

Yeah that's correct.

Whatever you say man. The lever slop in the stock Yamaha perches doesn't bother me and the replacement levers are cheap. But those WC perches are nice.

Stay away from ASV perches and levers if you dont want floppy ones. I like them myself, but the clutch lever has over an inch of play at the tip, I kid you not. I never noticed it while riding, when I put my fingers out for it I never missed it or anything. But sitting at the campsite checking out each others' bikes and swapping lies, folks wiggle it and they can't believe it. It was embarassing.

Get a rebuild kit for it for $10 from ASV.  Comes with new bearings and hardware, tightens em right up.

• Like 1

heres a tip no matter what lever set up you buy if you want it to stay  new feeling when you wash your bike take the levers off and clean them out, and lightly oil them i do mine every time  i ride, even the stock ones stay new and fresh, also the front brake lever bolt wears, get a couple spares, and do your kickstart and rear brake pedal at least one a month you wont believe how new your bike will feel for a long time if you do this

• Like 2

Get a rebuild kit for it for $10 from ASV.  Comes with new bearings and hardware, tightens em right up.

Makes you wonder why they don't deliver them with rebuild kits built in. The things a sloppy brand new.