Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 200 spark arrester

Hey guys,

I have a problem, at my last race the tech inspector dude said i did not have a spark arrester but he let me race anyways. I am trying to get one before my next race but im not sure which muffler i have? Maybe stock, but i am not sure because bike is second hand. The bike is 07 200 xc the muffler has a fmf sticker on it and says ktm on the end cap.

Any help with what muffler it is and or where to get spark arrester would be great. Also if i can rig up some type if screen that would be ok as well.

If you need pics i can get them tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I have a problem, at my last race the tech inspector dude said i did not have a spark arrester but he let me race anyways. I am trying to get one before my next race but im not sure which muffler i have? Maybe stock, but i am not sure because bike is second hand. The bike is 07 200 xc the muffler has a fmf sticker on it and says ktm on the end cap.

Any help with what muffler it is and or where to get spark arrester would be great. Also if i can rig up some type if screen that would be ok as well.

If you need pics i can get them tomorrow.

Thanks.

since it says KTM on endcap, you probably have stock muffler - and (as the tech insp said) is not a S/A

The mufflers are very interchangeable on the 200's - I have a muffler from a '98 250SX on my '06, and for enduro racing I've got a S/A muffler from an'03 I believe.

Being able to fit mufflers from lots of years should give you a better chance at finding one easier.

Here's one from ebay - looks like 2003- 2009 is same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FMF-Q-Stealth-Muffler-Silencer-Spark-Arrestor-03-10-KTM-200-EXC-MXC-SX-XC-XCW-/140676130364