Sign in to follow this  

LT-F250. Suzuki Ozark 2005 has a though time idling.

Just purchased a Suzuki Ozark 250cc for my son and he loves it. However, half way through our ride it would not stay idling. The idle screw really had little control, choke helped but not a lot. I tried running it with and without the vacuum gas valve. Once home I rolled the carb over and removed the bowl, jets looked great, clean, no residue in the bowl. I pulled the spark plug and inspected it, it was black, sooty not wet. That being said I couldn't find the mixture screw..
Looking for some help/ideas.
Thanks

image.jpg

Edited by Trail Days

Also sprayed a little carb cleaner around the carb while it was running to see if there was a leak, and there was not.

I believe through the, inner web, I have to drill out an aluminum cap to reveal the pilot screw. Take out, clean, and reset.

So that wasn't it either.  However what I did learn was the fuel mixture screw is to big.  Which I can't help but wonder, why, this is a sealed screw from factory.  I screw it all of the way in and the engine kept on running.  At 1 1/2 turns the Idle surges until it just quits, no matter how many turns.  The other thing I'm unsure about is all the other carbs that I've been in the idle screw adjusts the idle quite a bit, this one does not.  I think I will need to start all over as the previous owner said he rebuilt the carb, just maybe not very well. 

How do I remove the throttle cable on these Mikuni CV Carbs?  The line runs into a box(ish) thing on the side of the carb, the butterfly shaft also enters, as well as the cable for the idle adjust.  Even if I were to be able to remove the cable from the cam, the cable end wouldn't be able to fit through the hole through the box.

Also the choke cable where it enters into the carb pulls away from the screw body. (its a steel elbow).

Owners Manual says the Carb is a Mikuni BS29SS, single

Need some responses.