Sign in to follow this  

One last bike for the rest if your life?

1983 Maico 490 Spider.  Why, well it was one of my favorite bikes to ride when it came to power and handling.  Wasn't a bulky bike like say the YZ490, and the power was just unbelievable.  Besides this, to me, it was one good looking rig back in the 80's. :devil:

I couldn't decide so I got both, 2001 xr 600 and 2001 cr 500 and Iam looking for a clean 2001 cr 250 to complement them

I'm pretty content with my 01 cr 250 easy to start , runs reliable for the little riding i do ( mostly with my son ) and i've found it runs good laying down too . I have never crashed it but have come to an immediate accidental stop a couple times.  :ride:

I couldn't decide so I got both, 2001 xr 600 and 2001 cr 500 and Iam looking for a clean 2001 cr 250 to complement them

:lol:

• Like 1

So, if you could own only one bike for the rest of your life, what would it be?? And why??

I'm trying to make that same decision right now.

List of capabilities and must haves.

#1 street legal ability

#2 off road capable

#3 longevity of engine components (lower maint.)

#4 parts availability

#5 plenty of HP and torque

#6 low cost

Answer is ????

Between a dr650 and xr650??

I couldn't just pick one,so I bought 60 bikes to cover all bases, sorry I don't do rules well!

• Like 4

My CR500 is a 90's chassis, but upgraded with 01.  Don't ask, well I didn't to the guy that sold it to me.  But the bike is just freaking awesome.  My next will have to be a KX500 which I find from time to time under 1k.  After that, if I can find a Spider, then that will be next, and the last bike I ever buy will likely be a thumper just so I can come on here and argue with smokers how my thumper is better, then go to another thread and argue how my smokers are better than thumpers. :lol:  No really, I just keep hearing good things about thumpers, it's time I got one to find out for myself how well they actually ride than take everyone's word for it. :devil:

• Like 2

#1 street legal ability

#2 off road capable

#3 longevity of engine components (lower maint.)

#4 parts availability

#5 plenty of HP and torque

#6 low cost

Answer is ????

Between a dr650 and xr650??

This is how I'm thinking, I like honda so my short list consisted of;

Crf230

Crf250l

Or the xr650

Ok, if world war 3, world war Z, or a total EOTWAWKI event happened...what bike would you want?? Think, no parts store, no high octane race gas, just you and your bike travelling across the country side trying to avoid zombies....

• Like 2

I have a garage full of bikes for specific things, but if I could only keep one it would be my cr500 KTM. Its the most versatile for me, from tight Rocky single track to wide open hill climbs. Its not the best everywhere but it gets it done.

rps20140420_151837_845_zpsbewfi35g.jpg

• Like 3

I have a garage full of bikes for specific things, but if I could only keep one it would be my cr500 KTM. Its the most versatile for me, from tight Rocky single track to wide open hill climbs. Its not the best everywhere but it gets it done.

rps20140420_151837_845_zpsbewfi35g.jpg

Wow. That is all.

My current bike ticks a lot of boxes. However not highway riding or motocross racing.

Its a compromise between many factors, its a jack of all trades, master of tight trails.

• Like 1

I would stick with my 250SX... I have been riding every weekend since i bought it and I have not had them much fun and enjoyment from a bike in a while... plus unlike the last bike I had I don't have to work on all the time... damn 4 strokes

• Like 1

Love this thing. I'd rock it for life.  After years of riding a single bike, you become a master and know every single thing about it, and how it handles...

CAM00888.jpg

99 KX250

• Like 3

Have to go with my 04 cr250. Does well on the trails and great on an mx track. Actually thinking about getting rid of my 06 250f to free up some cash for upgrades.

#6 low cost

One bike for the rest of your life, and you want to cheap out on it?

• Like 2

Right now I have an '02 XR 400. I imagine it will run longer than I can live out my years.

• Like 4

One bike for the rest of your life, and you want to cheap out on it?

For me its more of a health issue. That's why.

This is how I'm thinking, I like honda so my short list consisted of;

Crf230

Crf250l

Or the xr650

xr650, there's thousands of them already out there.

For me its the same with dr650 there's thousands all ready sold.

Looking for parts in zombie land, well, would be like looking for used z50's or xr50's.

• Like 1