Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 jetting

I have a pretty much stock 03 cr125, it has v force reed 3 and a fatty pipe, but only the stock silencer. Does it need to be rejetted and how will I know if I need to. I just got my first 2 stroke today so I don't know if it's just how 2 stroke ride or not

Look at your plug. If it's black/wet it is to rich, your plug should have a dark tannish color boarding on chocolate and it should be dry.

So I just bought a 03 cr125 yeaterday, started first kick and rode it before I bought it, everything ran good, then i got it home and ride it a little up and down my road. Started first kick every time cold start and after riding it. Today I took it out to some local trails. No problems starting it and it ran fine, a little boggy I thought, then 20 mins into the ride it bogged out and died and didn't start. I got it home and checked the top end and everything looked new.

And the bike feels like it has little compression I don't know what it could be

You fouled a plug. Swap a new one in there. Then pull out the main jet and get a smaller size, probably 2 sizes smaller. Keep in mind that this motor won't grunt. If you were riding around off the powerband, that's a problem.

you have to pretty much run a cr125 wide open all the time they will foul plugs all the time if your just putering around

you have to pretty much run a cr125 wide open all the time they will foul plugs all the time if your just putering around

Thanks for the help, i ran into another problem with this bike yesterday, I was riding in the powerband when it bogged out and died and the kick stater won't move. Not sure what it could be this time