Sign in to follow this  

Ohlins 2.0 stabilizer questions on 530 exc with billet clamps

I had an ohlins 2.0 steering stabilizer on my 530EXC with the stock cast triple clamps. Then i installed the KTM billet clamps. The new clamps are too tall for the post on the stabilizer to engage into the bracket on the top of the steer tube. Anyone have a suggestion? I'd hate to sell it after sinking so much money into it. Also, its a pain to install the steer tube bracket due to pressing out the top bearing race. Thanks

I had an ohlins 2.0 steering stabilizer on my 530EXC with the stock cast triple clamps. Then i installed the KTM billet clamps. The new clamps are too tall for the post on the stabilizer to engage into the bracket on the top of the steer tube. Anyone have a suggestion? I'd hate to sell it after sinking so much money into it. Also, its a pain to install the steer tube bracket due to pressing out the top bearing race. Thanks

I have the adjustable clamps on my 500 with the ohlins damper. I took it to a machine shop and they made the piece that goes into the center of the ohlins and threads onto the steering stem. I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

Thanks, that would be great. I was trying to find something off the shelf but i know a couple machinists.

The ohlins unit has a post attached to the arm on the damper body. This post is too short for my bike where it attaches to the bearing race anchor due to the taller top clamp. I didn't think to check the thread engagement of the body attach nut to the steer stem post.

Edited by Billahjack