Sign in to follow this  

Yz 250 08 oil leak

Good day all have a problem with my yz250 2008 model got an oil leak some were near the Pv cover I have redone my top end but it looks like tranny oil I'm stuck now need help ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398064266.881760.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398064301.700419.jpg

If it's trans oil, it's most likely from the PV actuator shaft seal where it goes through to the PV governor. Relatively easy to replace.

Edited by bg10459

Thanks a lot I will give it a try this week I hope it works bike giving problems all the time but thanks again

It could just be that cover seal letting your burnt premix drip out. Mine does that in the corner of the cover closest to the cylinder. I don't think that much tranny oil would come out of that top seal. Maybe though.

I have a 08yz and the same spot leaks on mine, I bought a new gasket and put it on and it still leaks, I think it's comming from that rubber gasket that sit inbetween the pv cover. It's not tranny oil iTs burnt premix

If your crank case breather is blocked it can force it's way out between the clutch cover and the center case at this location. If you have a leaky right side crank seal combined with a blocked breather, this will make the problem much worse. To diagnose, you can check the crank case breather is free easily enough, and diagnose leaking crank seals with a DIY leak tester (search for this) if clearing the breather doesn't resolve the trans oil leak.

As others have said, it can also be that the powervalve seal and/or pv shaft bore is worn. This will cause spooge (thick, black unbrurnt 2-stroke oil) to leak from this exact spot. Trans oil = crank case breather and possible crank seal. Sooge = worn pv seal and/or pv bore.