Sign in to follow this  

2009 wr250f suspension set up question

Quick question for you guys.

I am 6'2 and currently weight 230 lbs

Race sag is set to 105mm

Static sag is at 13mm so obviously I need a heavier spring

However suspension isn't in the budget as of now and I am still currently losing weight. Have already lost 20 pounds and my goal weight is to lose another 20-30. So in the winter when I have a more realistic weight dialed in and I know my riding level I am going to send my suspension off to get re valves and re sprung but for now I need to make do.

Where should I start for clicks on compression and rebound for the rear shock?

Where should I start for clicks on the front forks?

And from reading it seems like people are saying to make the forks flush with the top triple....

Right now I'm about a quarter inch above the triple so should I lower the forks to flush?

Thanks guys!

Rule of thumb is more compression, less rebound, less compression, more rebound. Start with the clickers as per manual and follow the above mentioned rule of thiumb. Now nothing can make up for suspension that is not tuned to the rider's weight. See this older thread

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1025346-talking-suspension-ktm-yamaha-etc/

Thanks for the reply I went ahead and set them to the factory then went two clicks tighter in both settings to try and stiffen the suspension a little more took it out through the orchards and it felt pretty good.

Will mess with it more once I get on some trails but this should get me through the riding season.

Come winter I will have the money and I will send the forks off for proper valveing and springs