Sign in to follow this  

CR250 with 2 silencers?

Hey Guys

I was watching a video on Youtube about 2 strokes and I noticed a Custom CR250 that had 2 silencers on it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how the exhaust system would work. If you could just use 2 slip on silencers and an expansion chamber, or if the exhaust would have to be custom made.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 6.21.29 pm.png

It's possible, but not worth it. I believe there's a thread in the Engineering and Technology section about dual silencer two strokes and if I remember correctly, a guy said it may mess with the engine scavenging the air and it would provide no gain whatsoever except in weight. I guess it looks cool, but meh. If it did something, I'm sure they would make em like that.

• Like 1

Hey Guys

I was watching a video on Youtube about 2 strokes and I noticed a Custom CR250 that had 2 silencers on it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how the exhaust system would work. If you could just use 2 slip on silencers and an expansion chamber, or if the exhaust would have to be custom made.

Cheers

if you look closer you will see that its a 500af.

still not neccesary, but a 500 could make better use of it that a 250.

• Like 1

The important thing is to retain the same total size on the stinger section on the expansion chamber. this is critical on all twostrokes. What you do after the stinger section is not that important as long as you don't use silencer/silencers that reduce the total size of the stinger.