Sign in to follow this  

Problem with jetting, BSR42, hotcam stg 2 & ported head

So, I installed the Bsr42 carb and tried it for a while. I am using the 145 main jet and it is running lean, like I was waiting, the sparkplug is white. I am waiting for some mini drill I ordered from ebay to find the right size.

Dispate this, the bike bike was running great, I tried the 200 main jet but it was to much because she drawned when I turned the throttle.

Now I have a new problem, I ported the head and installed hotcams stage 2, but when I am in 3 gear and release the throttle and then turn it again she hesitates. Some times also happens in 2 gear.

Is this also the main jet?

So, I installed the Bsr42 carb and tried it for a while. I am using the 145 main jet and it is running lean, like I was waiting, the sparkplug is white. I am waiting for some mini drill I ordered from ebay to find the right size.

Dispate this, the bike bike was running great, I tried the 200 main jet but it was to much because she drawned when I turned the throttle.

Now I have a new problem, I ported the head and installed hotcams stage 2, but when I am in 3 gear and release the throttle and then turn it again she hesitates. Some times also happens in 2 gear.

Is this also the main jet?

I'm running the 200 main jet on mine. 145 is definitely too small. Try a 180, your engine is probably pulling more air than mine. Mine ran pretty decent with a 180 but got too hot/ran too lean during sustained freeway speeds. Also important to note, with the CV carb your throttle position does not exactly relate to where the needle is and what jet you are on, you need to get the engine revved up with the throttle wide open to really test the main, a steep hill is almost mandatory for doing a plug chop on the main

I'm running the 200 main jet on mine. 145 is definitely too small. Try a 180, your engine is probably pulling more air than mine. Mine ran pretty decent with a 180 but got too hot/ran too lean during sustained freeway speeds. Also important to note, with the CV carb your throttle position does not exactly relate to where the needle is and what jet you are on, you need to get the engine revved up with the throttle wide open to really test the main, a steep hill is almost mandatory for doing a plug chop on the main

thanks, will do so. I didnt know about that

I will be drilling until find the correct size