Sign in to follow this  

Putting the my 2011 xcf into neutral

I don't remember it being so hard to put the bike into neutral when running. I bought the bike new in 2012 and just recently I've noticed it's pretty difficult to get the bike into neutral when it's running. It goes into neutral if I give it some gas and the clutch is in, it goes into neutral pretty easy but not when the clutch is in and it's just idling. It does go into neutral just fine when the bikes off.

Your clutch may be out of adjustment. I think you have to reposition the clutch plate from II to I. This will lessen the tension on the pads but also lessen the pull on the clutch. KTM make it where your bike always pulls u with the clutch in and in gear. this added tension makes it difficult to put in neutral 

it is a common KTM trait. I just put the bike in neutral before stopping. If the wheels are turning then it will shift fine. The last 5 ft before stopping I shift to neutral. Or turn motor off and it will shift. The clutch drag loads the gears and dogs so it just wont easily shift into neutral.

So that's normal for a ktm?

it is a common KTM trait. I just put the bike in neutral before stopping. If the wheels are turning then it will shift fine. The last 5 ft before stopping I shift to neutral. Or turn motor off and it will shift. The clutch drag loads the gears and dogs so it just wont easily shift into neutral.

So that's normal for a ktm?

Pretty much normal

My old one also dies if i dint goose it when puttin it in gear

Tryin not to tinker with my bike anymore...

So no mentionin of new gizmos plz

I had an 08 KTM 250 XCF W and I would change the oil and filter after every third ride. The 250 was sensitive to dirty oil, sometimes during my third ride the shifting would get stiff and it would get difficult finding neutral. After I changed the oil the shifting would return back to normal and neutral was easy to find. I agree you may have an issue with your clutch but I would also try changing your engine oil with full synthetic oil every 2 or 3 rides.