Sign in to follow this  

ssr 125 clutch issue

I ordered 3 of these bikes new. The green one is by far the fastest. They all have about an hour of use on them now and it seems the green bikes clutch is shot. Its getting hard to pull in and its to the point where its either on or off. You only have to pull the lever about a 1/4in and thats all the play in the clutch. any ideas on what might be the issue? I cant seem to find a clutch kit for the bike.

Edited by 450speed

I ordered 3 of these bikes new. The green one is by far the fastest. They all have about an hour of use on them now and it seems the green bikes clutch is shot. Its getting hard to pull in and its to the point where its either on or off. You only have to pull the lever about a 1/4in and thats all the play in the clutch. any ideas on what might be the issue? I cant seem to find a clutch kit for the bike.

this is why I don't buy shit from china

this is why I don't buy shit from china

They are actually far from "shit". Great little bikes for the price!

He's saying they're harder to maintain than other bikes. Not made to be fixed, sounds like you just need to adjust the cable, if not then this is premature wear in parts that are supposed to last, a common ssr problem