Sign in to follow this  

Kx 500 2002

The engine was completely stripped, inspected and reassembled. The top end is a fresh first size overbore, with wiseco prolite piston kit. Entire bottom end was replaced last fall, with OEM components. Athena gaksets used throughout. The engine has mad compression. You will probably have truble starting it if you are new to 500s. It starts first kick- if you're strong enough.

Many new parts.. here's a few of them..

-Braided steel front brake line, with 2009 CRF master cylinder

-Motion pro terminator clutch cable

-MSR AOF clutch perch w/new lever

-Turner fatbars and clamps

-Barkbusters and flags

-IMS 3.5g translucent tank

-Boyesen RAD valve with new CF Pro Series reeds

-Shock completely rebuilt by Speed Tech this spring. new bladder and valve head installed.

-Forks rebuilt myself, new 10w Motorex oil, no leaks, and good action

-Sprung for 215 lb rider

-13/45 gearing. Chainwheels are in great shape.

-New NON O-ring chain

-Silicone rad hoses

-New UNI dual stage air filter

-Chassis completely stripped and all bearings inspeacted, greased or replaced as needed.

-Stock pipe with FMF Turbine core S/A

-New brake pads, F/R

-Boyesen ignition cover

This is the listing and im going to look at the bike tonight. What do you guys think i should pay for this thing? It looks really clean in the pictures.

• Like 1

I paid 2600 for mine  w tax plus I added a few hundred onto it after I changed oils,brake fluid air filter,grips did forks over as they were leaking.Mines a 2002 and had a gripper seat w rental bars on it.Id say 3000 to 3500 is a decent going price for what hes asking.These bikes aren't made anymore will not ever be made again sooo the prices are gonna be like hotrods and will keep rising.This guys got a lot more into his bike then I had when I bought it

• Like 1

I doubt they will be like hotrods with prices going up. People may be asking more and more for their bikes, doesn't mean they are selling for that, or even more important, worth that.  Same bikes on craigs list with outrageous prices as 6 months ago.  The ones that are priced right are long gone now.  Everyone has their own opinions on bike prices, its only worth what someone will pay. Maybe someone will buy it at that price as an impulse buy.

There's been a KX500 in great shape in my area for sale at 1800 bucks for a while now. Its a stocker with a couple mods, very clean.  you can tell its been used due to missing paint on the frame from boots.  And there she sets for sale, still.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys! I did pick up the bike this evening. She runs great so far! Starts first kick if i kick it hard enough! ;)

That's a ridiculous price. It's worth about $2200-$2400 tops.

Hey you are probably right! But its by far nicest 500 ive seen around here..

Heres some pics of it. He is asking $3500

Pipes beat up, Frame needs paint , Decals are shot. Gas tanks not big enough, wheels aren't tru , and i think i hear detonation . $2,300.00  :thumbsup: If you really have to have it come up to 2,400.00 and remind him you have to pay for shipping. 

Edited by Beau 88

Pipes beat up, Frame needs paint , Decals are shot. Gas tanks not big enough, wheels aren't tru , and i think i hear detonation . $2,300.00 :thumbsup: If you really have to have it come up to 2,400.00 and remind him you have to pay for shipping.

yeah i was thinking of putting a ball hitch on her to pull a trailer because the that fuel tank wont be even close to big enough!
  • Like 1

1. Well offer him  2500 for it cant hurt to just throw an offer out and see if he bites.I looked closer and I see the paint wear the boots rub is gone,mine is like that too,maybe I over paid for mine too but hell Cant look back now,at least I have procured a 500 before I die.

• Like 2

yeah i was thinking of putting a ball hitch on her to pull a trailer because the that fuel tank wont be even close to big enough!

I'm a huge Honda fan , worked there for years at my local dealership and only owned Honda . I'm also a Huge GM fan worked at that dealership too. I have a 71 Formula Firebird like i had in highschool now with a LS6 Built from a 04 Z06 Vette . BUT I love a Mean Mopar and the KX500 was my Mean  70s Mopar of the bike world . To me it was like the odd ball everyone had the CR500 and talked constantly of it. Til the Kawi rolled out .  :lol:

• Like 1

Does he have receipts for the rebuild? Without proof assume the work wasn't done.

Edited by dirtbikeking843
  • Like 1