Sign in to follow this  

Kx 500 2002

1. Well offer him  2500 for it cant hurt to just throw an offer out and see if he bites.I looked closer and I see the paint wear the boots rub is gone,mine is like that too,maybe I over paid for mine too but hell Cant look back now,at least I have procured a 500 before I die.

I guess i will have to stack 2 250s on top of each other .

• Like 1

Its more than I would pay, but, I'm a skeptic and would assume I would have to do to much work to get it right. Having said that It appears to be a very nice bike and I would expect the paint to be wore off the frame where your boots come in contact.

The other thing, it's your money and your bike and if you like it then thats all that matters, because lets face it there are not very many clean 500's left so if you can find a clean one, go for it. 

Edited by don46
  • Like 1

Its more than I would pay, but, I'm a skeptic and would assume I would have to do to much work to get it right. Having said that It appears to be a very nice bike and I would expect the paint to be wore off the frame where your boots come in contact.

The other thing, it's your money and your bike and if you like it then thats all that matters, because lets face it there are not very many clean 500's left so if you can find a clean one, go for it.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398225592.311534.jpg

Just bought this '87 from my dentist...

Said he detailed it with dental tools...hopefully not the ones he was using on me at the time. ;)

The $$ was too low to mention

Edited by xb9xs
  • Like 1

I'd pay 2000 to 2500 for it. I'd pay up to 3000 if he's willing to pop off intake and pipe and take a peak at the piston and cylinder wall and crank for obvious blueing. And I'd like to see receipts with dates work was done. I picked my 250 up real cheap that way. Guy said he wanted 1500 for it and I ended up getting it for 500 cash because cylinder and piston were in rough shape.

Not sure why but where reed valve sits theres a lot of black oily carbon/soot on the intake walls.Is this a bad sign for this engine or wasn't it rung out properly enough and just loaded up?,I noticed the main jet said 168 on it.