Sign in to follow this  

My first race *jday* read and respond

Hey guys, so yesterday was my first moto race at the j day off-road series. It was a record breaking race of 600 riders 45 of which raced the c200 class. I was really really nervous right before the gate drop. I got a bad start in the back of the pack and end up in the back of the pack and finished the moto 35th. Not to mention I fell an hurt my foot bad. I told my dad if I took my foot out of the boot there was no way I was getting it back in. I end up racing my second moto and did a little better. My starts were weak something I need to work on. 1 thing that held me up was falling once and not being able to start my bike. I had to find neutral which is always a pain because I'm pretty sure my bikes clutch basket is grooved. As I'm sitting here writing this, I can't walk. Going to the doctors tommorow.if anyone has questions about the race feel free to ask (:ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398094647.895341.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like a rough day at the races. I bet you learned enough to have a better result next time though. It works that way for awhile and gets a lot more fun when you learn the ropes.

Agreed about the basket being notched. Maybe get that taken care of before your next event? Sucks to have mechanical issues holding you up when you're trying to race.

You kept your boot on so that you could finish the 2nd moto. I like it. That's some good heart right there.

• Like 5

Hey guys, so yesterday was my first moto race at the j day off-road series. It was a record breaking race of 600 riders 45 of which raced the c200 class. I was really really nervous right before the gate drop. I got a bad start in the back of the pack and end up in the back of the pack and finished the moto 35th. Not to mention I fell an hurt my foot bad. I told my dad if I took my foot out of the boot there was no way I was getting it back in. I end up racing my second moto and did a little better. My starts were weak something I need to work on. 1 thing that held me up was falling once and not being able to start my bike. I had to find neutral which is always a pain because I'm pretty sure my bikes clutch basket is grooved. As I'm sitting here writing this, I can't walk. Going to the doctors tommorow.if anyone has questions about the race feel free to ask (:attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398094647.895341.jpg

Good work.

I raced for the first time the other month. Its frightening at first, then heaps of fun. sorry to hear about your foot. Heal fast.

Cant beat the adrenaline of the gate!

Sounds like a rough day at the races. I bet you learned enough to have a better result next time though. It works that way for awhile and gets a lot more fun when you learn the ropes.

Agreed about the basket being notched. Maybe get that taken care of before your next event? Sucks to have mechanical issues holding you up when you're trying to race.

it wasn't really holding me up. If I hadn't fallen I woulda been ok but ya it's an easy fix!

You kept your boot on so that you could finish the 2nd moto. I like it. That's some good heart right there.

absouloutly thank you (: I really didn't know what to expect, being my first race but now I know what I do so I can mentally and physically prepare for next time! I practice a lot and have definetly increased my stamina!

Good work.

I raced for the first time the other month. Its frightening at first, then heaps of fun. sorry to hear about your foot. Heal fast.

Cant beat the adrenaline of the gate!

true, good to hear other ppl were nervous to ill post some pics later

Good job on your first race! What kind of boots do you have? Sounds like you could use a better pair. I've had my leg jammed in a wheel and my Sidi's left me unharmed.

Good job on your first race! What kind of boots do you have? Sounds like you could use a better pair. I've had my leg jammed in a wheel and my Sidi's left me unharmed.

hey! I landed on only 1 leg that's why. They are fox comp 5s I love em

Hey guys, so yesterday was my first moto race at the j day off-road series. It was a record breaking race of 600 riders 45 of which raced the c200 class. I was really really nervous right before the gate drop. I got a bad start in the back of the pack and end up in the back of the pack and finished the moto 35th. Not to mention I fell an hurt my foot bad. I told my dad if I took my foot out of the boot there was no way I was getting it back in. I end up racing my second moto and did a little better. My starts were weak something I need to work on. 1 thing that held me up was falling once and not being able to start my bike. I had to find neutral which is always a pain because I'm pretty sure my bikes clutch basket is grooved. As I'm sitting here writing this, I can't walk. Going to the doctors tommorow.if anyone has questions about the race feel free to ask (:attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398094647.895341.jpg

I was two lines ahead of you in C250. Having done many JDays over the past couple seasons I can say this was one of the worst races I have ever done. Not only were the lines way over packed but the track was a shit show. Especially that mud section after that steep downhill. There were too many bottle necks in the track where I found myself just sitting there for up to 10 seconds at a time waiting for all the squids to start moving again. That brings me to my next point...passing lines. There really were not many in the woods. A couple sections opened up a bit but then I would be back to another bottle neck with no way of passing the riders in front of me.

I think John needs to add a D class. There are a lot of riders in C that don't belong out there. Seems the the top 5 or so riders are sandbaggers, the middle 66% actually belong in C class then the remaining 33% should be put in a newly created D class.

For the reasons stated above the starts are vitally important in the JDays. If you can't get yourself ahead of the really bad riders off the start you are going to be stuck behind them in those woods sections that come to a bottleneck while the front runners check out. I suck at start stop so this happens to me all the time. I spend my time battling my way through the slow guys and then the race is over before I have a chance at catching up to anybody out front.

I was two lines ahead of you in C250. Having done many JDays over the past couple seasons I can say this was one of the worst races I have ever done. Not only were the lines way over packed but the track was a shit show. Especially that mud section after that steep downhill. There were too many bottle necks in the track where I found myself just sitting there for up to 10 seconds at a time waiting for all the squids to start moving again. That brings me to my next point...passing lines. There really were not many in the woods. A couple sections opened up a bit but then I would be back to another bottle neck with no way of passing the riders in front of me.

I think John needs to add a D class. There are a lot of riders in C that don't belong out there. Seems the the top 5 or so riders are sandbaggers, the middle 66% actually belong in C class then the remaining 33% should be put in a newly created D class.

For the reasons stated above the starts are vitally important in the JDays. If you can't get yourself ahead of the really bad riders off the start you are going to be stuck behind them in those woods sections that come to a bottleneck while the front runners check out. I suck at start stop so this happens to me all the time. I spend my time battling my way through the slow guys and then the race is over before I have a chance at catching up to anybody out front.

you literally took the words right from my mouth! I agree! Are u on Instagram?? Please add me nathaniel_bourque

you literally took the words right from my mouth! I agree! Are u on Instagram?? Please add me nathaniel_bourque

I am on Instagram but I don't think I have ever posted there. I just added you though. I usually post everything including pictures right to FB instead. Feel free to send me an invite on there. My name on FB is "Scoot McGoot"

I am on Instagram but I don't think I have ever posted there. I just added you though. I usually post everything including pictures right to FB instead. Feel free to send me an invite on there. My name on FB is "Scoot McGoot"

will do

I've watched a lot of JDay videos, it does appear there are way too many bottlenecks sometimes. Looks like the tracks are too short for the number of riders and riders cannot spread out enough. Causes the track to suffer a lot of extra damage also.

Cant wait for 2015 season, i know youre instagram account mines ricard499 ive seen you before, pretty old post but i looked up the jday here and look where i am. see you in the c200 this year  :ride: