Sign in to follow this  

Subframe Bent

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398094989.644810.jpg I was out for a ride on one of my yz250f's the other day and was jumping a pretty gap which lands on a hill face, I must have messed up changing gears as I was approaching and well... I hit the jump and the front end dropped a heap, I tried to save it but failed, the bike landed right on the top of the hill and I went over the bars down the hill on it's way rolling down the hill behind me it must have landed upside dawn and backwards on the subframe and twisted it pretty bad (the muffler was on the wrong side of the wheel lol) I dislocated my collar bone but anyway... I was wondering if anyone has had success bending these back straight... The long bolt which goes through the subframe and main frame at the top was shaped like an s... Very bent. If anyone has any clue on how id go about it it would be much appreciated. It's an 08 model. Cheers

i'm sure you can, how straight do you *need* it to be?

maybe lock the bike and use some ratcheting straps to bend it back, close enough. that's my idea.

No need for it to be perfect, as long as the pipe and mudguard line up I'm happy, I was thinking cut it up straighten it all the weld it all back together... Bending all together might snap it.... And I'm in Australia so there aren't to many+ they're worth quite a bit