Sign in to follow this  

DR 125 Head/cam damage

The top end on my 88 Dr 125's been quite noisy so I decided to have a better look today and found one end of the cam (the oppsite end to the sprocket) had been trying to weld itself to the head, where it sits and spins.

Te rest of the head seems to be getting plenty of oil, so not sure why it would start to get that hot?

As it is, I've got a spare head and cam sat on the shelf so it should be back together before too long.

I've added a couple of pics - anyone any ideas as to possible cause?

There's every possibility it's been like it all the time I've had it and just never realised.

103_1825.JPG

103_1826.JPG

Anyone happen to know what the extra hole is on this GS/GN cylinder - the one just below the top right stud hole?  Noticed some DR/GS/GN/GZ gasket kits have the extra hole and some don't, but every parts diagram I've looked at doesn't show it having the extra hole, whatever age, and neither of mine had it either.  Bit baffled really as it must have some purpose - None of the heads I've looked at have anything to line up or locate with it either.  What's the worst that would happen if I fitted one like it hole was just covered by the head gasket?

001-63.jpg