Sign in to follow this  

250sx for me?

well iv been riding my 250f for a year and a half and want a cheaper bike with more power... im thinking very seriously about getting a 2014 250sx but i think it might be a little to much for me now... i can jump and stuff but im slow in the corners.. and iv never rode a 2 stroke before but i really wanna get out from under the cost of my 4 stroke.

i don't really feel like buying a 150sx for $6600 when i can get the 250 for $7200... and i feel that i would be to big for a 125/150 anyways (im 6'6" 210lbs) anyways do you think the 250sx is a bike that i could grow into? cause i feel like i would grow out of a 125/150 and be stuck with it... and buying used is not an option for me..

and is there anything i important i should know about 2 strokes if i get one? anyways thanks

I just started back riding. Been 25 years. I decided on the 2014 250sx so I can get the most long term use out of it. I'm only 5'8 175lb.

I just started back riding. Been 25 years. I decided on the 2014 250sx so I can get the most long term use out of it. I'm only 5'8 175lb.

well if i get a new bike it will have to last me quite a few years and thats why i don't wanna screw up and get the 150 and out grow it but then again i don't wanna slow down my riding with a bike thats to much for me either

also have you had a chance to ride it? is it a handful?

If you are talking about getting it for the mx track power is very tunable via the different power valve springs and cdi has two timing positions as well.

If you are talking about getting it for the mx track power is very tunable via the different power valve springs and cdi has two timing positions as well.

yes i wanna get it for motocross.. how hard is it to put new power valve springs in? and how much do they cost?

The bike has too much power for me but then again I'm a beginner. I've only put 2 thanks through it. I'm improving every ride so I'm happy. The thing that Sucks is that I know I can hit any jump at my track in 2nd but too chicken. Lol.

They come with different powervalve springs. Takes about 5 minutes or less to change.both of mine have the green spring. Ive never felt the need to change. You are size wise ok with the 250sx. It can be a handfull at times. For a new smoker man, have you thought about the 250xc? Not much heavier,18"rear wheel,you can moto,enduro,harescramble,trail,etc. Pretty much a friendly ,do-it-all machine. If i were buying a new smoker today,it would be the 250 or 300xc. But , if you decide on the 250sx,,,youll be buying a fine,snarling , badass machine.

They come with different powervalve springs. Takes about 5 minutes or less to change.both of mine have the green spring. Ive never felt the need to change. You are size wise ok with the 250sx. It can be a handfull at times. For a new smoker man, have you thought about the 250xc? Not much heavier,18"rear wheel,you can moto,enduro,harescramble,trail,etc. Pretty much a friendly ,do-it-all machine. If i were buying a new smoker today,it would be the 250 or 300xc. But , if you decide on the 250sx,,,youll be buying a fine,snarling , badass machine.

well im trying to get away from the xc's... i have an xcf right now and i want a bike that is setup for motocross since i never ride woods

Just buy it and ride it. It will be cheaper to maintain, lighter, faster and more fun to ride than your 250f. Be ready to know how to change jetting, mix fuel and become a better all around rider. Like you, I am contemplating a 250SX, so keep us posted on if you pick it up and what settings work for you.

2 strokes have a different power delivery and can produce more power than an equivalent displacement. I would compare jumping from a 250f to a 250SX like jumping to a 450 SXF, in fact the 250SX might be more to handle in its more aggressive setting and power delivery, having ridden both. The 250 SX will have significantly more power and will be lighter than your 250f.

Just buy it and ride it. It will be cheaper to maintain, lighter, faster and more fun to ride than your 250f. Be ready to know how to change jetting, mix fuel and become a better all around rider. Like you, I am contemplating a 250SX, so keep us posted on if you pick it up and what settings work for you.

2 strokes have a different power delivery and can produce more power than an equivalent displacement. I would compare jumping from a 250f to a 250SX like jumping to a 450 SXF, in fact the 250SX might be more to handle in its more aggressive setting and power delivery, having ridden both. The 250 SX will have significantly more power and will be lighter than your 250f.

yea i know they make a lot more hp compared to my 250f. just a lil worried i might not like the power delivery 

yea i know they make a lot more hp compared to my 250f. just a lil worried i might not like the power delivery

Once you get used to a 250sx,,youll love the power delivery. They are not difficult to jet. The power is completly different that a 450, i own both 250sx & 450sxf bikes. The power from the 450 is friendly, predictable , and bone crushing with whiskey throttle,the 250sx iz lightning quick,light , and more powerful than any 250f , even more than the 350f. You have to learn how to ride the 250sx. It is NOT a machine for a lazy rider,,,or an inexperienced rider. If you buy one,,,youll be grinning from ear to ear the first ride.

Once you get used to a 250sx,,youll love the power delivery. They are not difficult to jet. The power is completly different that a 450, i own both 250sx & 450sxf bikes. The power from the 450 is friendly, predictable , and bone crushing with whiskey throttle,the 250sx iz lightning quick,light , and more powerful than any 250f , even more than the 350f. You have to learn how to ride the 250sx. It is NOT a machine for a lazy rider,,,or an inexperienced rider. If you buy one,,,youll be grinning from ear to ear the first ride.

sounds fun maybe i could just grow into it

ops ignore this it posted 2 times

Edited by Sitzpinkler