Sign in to follow this  

When attaching rotors, what torque do I use?

Based on fastener size -  5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm are all used in various applications.  6mm is probably the most common.  70 inch pounds with Loctite for 6mm.  Or tighten securely.

My GOD whatever you do don't look it up in the Clymer manual! (Where is that little emoticon that rolls his eyes when you need him!)

BTW, those bolts seem to be pretty soft, so don't over torque them or you'll be removing them with a left-handed drill bit.

• Like 1

We know nothing about riottaco.  Age, gender or location.  This person may not have a manual available to them.

We know nothing about riottaco. Age, gender or location. This person may not have a manual available to them.

I actually just got mine in the mail, it said 84 inch-lbs, how do I put that into ft-lbs?

I actually just got mine in the mail, it said 84 inch-lbs, how do I put that into ft-lbs?

There are 12 inches in a foot so divide the 84 in-lbs by 12. 

84/12=7    so it is 7 ft-lbs

• Like 1

There are 12 inches in a foot so divide the 84 in-lbs by 12.

84/12=7 so it is 7 ft-lbs

Wow, that's quite a bit lower than I expected, but that's what the manual says so I guess that's that. And blue locktite will do? I removed the sprocket (to put on a smaller one) and noticed there was red thread locker in those bolts.

Wow, that's quite a bit lower than I expected, but that's what the manual says so I guess that's that. And blue locktite will do? I removed the sprocket (to put on a smaller one) and noticed there was red thread locker in those bolts.

I am not sure what is normally recommended but seeing as rotors/sprockets are wear items and need to be removed, I would use Blue 242 Loctite or any other brand thread locker that is semi-permanent/removable.

• Like 1

Thread locker can be in various colors and be the same strength. Mostly blue is semi-permanent type. Wisconsinite762 has it right. Stick with 242 on those.

• Like 1

I am not sure what is normally recommended but seeing as rotors/sprockets are wear items and need to be removed, I would use Blue 242 Loctite or any other brand thread locker that is semi-permanent/removable.

Plus One M8's.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Craigo 485sm