Sign in to follow this  

I can't seem to dial in my carb

So I have just recently did a top I'm rebuild on my bike. I took the carb completely apart and cleaned everything out before putting it back together. So now when I start up my bike it runs great with the choke on. The second I take the choke off it's trying to die as long as I'm giving it throttle it's running not too well but it's running. If I let go if the throttle it will die. I am sitting right now at about 1 3/4 turns. Could it be something more than just my set screws? Oh it's a 2005 kx 250f with a fresh top end rebuild and cleaned carb. Any advice would be great thanks for reading

Possible intake leak or your pilot circuit is blocked despite your cleaning.

Is there a way to trouble shoot the intake leak? I know the only way to rule out clogged jet is to re clean

Is there a way to trouble shoot the intake leak? I know the only way to rule out clogged jet is to re clean

You can lightly spray carb cleaner around the intake and see if the rpm's increase.

If you remove your tps from the carb  body, you have to re-calibrate it.

TPS just tells the ECU which ignition map to use.

You can unplug it and it will still run.

Your issue is a pilot jet circuit issue.

So I cleaned my carb again inspected all the jets blew them out with my air compressor and everything else. I started it and once again it runs perfect with the choke on the second I take it off it dies. I made sure to let it warm up properly before I took the choke off and once Again just died