Sign in to follow this  

parts compatibility (clutch basket)

Hey guys first time posting been lurking the forums for a while. I have a 91 KDX 200 clutch seems to be grabbing in gear and as far as I know the clutch has never had any work. While not opposed to buy a brand new basket Id like to save a buck or two. I have seen a lot of 88-89 clutch baskets on ebay for a good price but I am not sure and can not find if they are compatible or not and would love to avoid dealing with returning a part on ebay.

Thanks guys

Hey guys first time posting been lurking the forums for a while. I have a 91 KDX 200 clutch seems to be grabbing in gear and as far as I know the clutch has never had any work. While not opposed to buy a brand new basket Id like to save a buck or two. I have seen a lot of 88-89 clutch baskets on ebay for a good price but I am not sure and can not find if they are compatible or not and would love to avoid dealing with returning a part on ebay.

Thanks guys

Could be the plates and such sticking. Try and run some ATF Type F and see if that helps.  Fill it, run it hard, drain it and fill agian.  If the clutch basket has grooves, you can carefully file out the grooves and re-use it.

Change trans fluid often.  It's not like a vehicle where it can go years and thousands of miles without it.

89-94 are the same. Kawi Part # 13095-1189. 88 was aircooled and a different Part #.

Edited by zz3gmc