Sign in to follow this  

08 ktm 200 slips into neutral.

I have an 08 200exc, the clutch started slipping so I changed the clutch friction and metal plates. Grabs and pulls great now but something doesn't feel right. When I click it all the way down to first the shifter still clicks like it's not all the way down. And will also slip into neutral sometimes. The clutch was a ebc that I put in. When the clutch was going out I had to rev it alot before it would catch. so thinking I might have damaged something like the gear shaft maybe. Any help is much appreciated.

remove the entire right side case and check to be sure the shift star and plate are tight. OR first check the chain and see if the shift lever is hitting the chain when you shift.

Thanks for the reply mike. By right side do you mean the clutch side? What is the shift star? Was gonna disassemble and in speck so any tips for what I should check first will definitely help. I'm sure it's not the chain cause it wasn't doing it before I changed the clutch. I really hope something just needs to be tightened.

it is a star shped piece that has an indent on it and is what stops the shifter from over shifting into the next gear. There is also a seperate pice that has a 6mm bolt that can come loose and change the tolerances so the shift isnt correct. Both on the right side, clutch side, under the large outer case.