Sign in to follow this  

I need help please. My bike won't start.

Hi I have an 03 yz85 I'm looking to sell so today I was going to wash it, before I did I was going to start it. I started it and it made a horrible bogging sound, I tried to rev it a couple times but it would not rev. Then I realized my washplug was still in, I removed it, started it up, and it started smoking like crazy. I shut it off and let it sit for a few because it sounded terrible and wouldn't rev past about half throttle. Now the bike won't start, I tried replacing the spark plug, tested the spark, checked out ok. I kicked it, tried bump starting it a couple times, but it will not start! Someone please help.

A guy told me told me he did that and he had to replace the rings

Edited by BLAKEB179

thanks guys i got it started now....pulled the exhaust off, turned out there was about 150 ml of oil sitting in the bottom of the pipe. Drained it, cleaned it, new o rings and sliencer packing slapped it back on the bike, honed the cylinder and head, cleaned the carb, jets, reeds. new floats, brand new gas, new plug and rings...started up like it was right out of the factory much better compression. as it turns out, even before i did any of this, i was able to start the bike again with wide open throttle, it spewed oil and smoked tons so I shut it off...the cylinder was scored and the ring was almost falling off the piston....thanks again