Sign in to follow this  

2004 CF 450, Tall Rider, 80 HP motor.Handling Chasses?

Sorry I did not get the post thing right.

Edited by Whipitnow

They have the new Liger CR 500 Kits, I have built several aluminum frame 500's but never put one on the street. I am curious how well this bike frame works as a motard for tall riders street riding.

A Liger can make 100 RWHP or more on race gas without a problem but it is a 2 smoke.

Edited by Whipitnow

never heard of  a 80 hp  450.     do tell  !!!

According to the guy's who build the 450's with BB kits for outlaw Karts the new 4 strokes will make some serious reliable power but cost 10 grand to build.

They are supposedly getting close to the 75 80 horse mark, they claim as long as you maintain them correctly they are not a problem. One outfit was telling me the Liger needs more piston changes over these super 4 strokes.

The Darsey Rotax's were making over 70 years and years ago but were like 12 grand to build as well. The HP they are getting out of these new motors because they understand air flow these days is impressive.

According to the guy's who build the 450's with BB kits for outlaw Karts the new 4 strokes will make some serious reliable power but cost 10 grand to build.

They are supposedly getting close to the 75 80 horse mark, they claim as long as you maintain them correctly they are not a problem. One outfit was telling me the Liger needs more piston changes over these super 4 strokes.

The Darsey Rotax's were making over 70 years and years ago but were like 12 grand to build as well. The HP they are getting out of these new motors because they understand air flow these days is impressive.

I think trying to do an 80hp SM on the street, or even the track, is a waste of money.  Even the mid 70s Aprillia sxv550 is really more power than can be used.  Id say 60rwhp would be a very healthy hopped up High comp motor that could 'maybe' run on pump gas.

sorry no comment on the honda frame as the only honda i own is an xr100:)  It wouldnt hold 20hp... ;)

I think trying to do an 80hp SM on the street, or even the track, is a waste of money.  Even the mid 70s Aprillia sxv550 is really more power than can be used.  Id say 60rwhp would be a very healthy hopped up High comp motor that could 'maybe' run on pump gas.

sorry no comment on the honda frame as the only honda i own is an xr100:)  It wouldnt hold 20hp... ;)

The Liger should be able to make 75 to 85 and be broad in power delivery if built right, a guy on this site has one and it makes 82 RWHP on low octane fuel and the pipe has a cut off of 7200 and that was just throwing it together and no testing. The new Liger has some serious potential for a single. One guy has one making 110 on meth and claims no problem with it, the builder CP cylinders is looking for one done right on meth to produce 120 or more RWHP when all is said and done.

It won't compete with a twin all out but it can make some serious torque juice in a lower RPM package.

The rotax's were at least 500 & the majority were 560 604, 640 or even the last version from Ron Woods shop were 660's. Can't really compare the two .

The Liger should be able to make 75 to 85 and be broad in power delivery if built right, a guy on this site has one and it makes 82 RWHP on low octane fuel and the pipe has a cut off of 7200 and that was just throwing it together and no testing. The new Liger has some serious potential for a single. One guy has one making 110 on meth and claims no problem with it, the builder CP cylinders is looking for one done right on meth to produce 120 or more RWHP when all is said and done.

It won't compete with a twin all out but it can make some serious torque juice in a lower RPM package.

more power to you, literally :)  I'm not fast enough for my stockish 450s to the point where more power is needed.  Sure it would make me faster but not smoother.

the ktm700 in the maico i think was 70hp stock fyi.  Maico put it in a street legal enduro bike at one point(not in the US of course)

Edited by shift1313

I am real sure KTM had no part in that motor . Haven't seen anything in print anyway . There are 2 versions of that 2T. A 620 & a 700 cc. Several were rough to ER to run in the Supermoto series years back ....