Sign in to follow this  

Cr 500 dunes?

I'm very short (5'3) with boots on and I'm practically being given a 1996 CR 500 for the dunes. Any suggestions on two wheeler riding in the dunes? How do I not die with a powerful bike out there

Man wish I was given a cr500, saw one on the local CL for for 4k...have fun, I think the cr500 is perfect for dunes...probably the safest place to ride a 500

Edited by matty86suk

Man wish I was given a cr500, saw one on the local CL for for 4k...have fun, I think the cr500 is perfect for dunes...probably the safest place to ride a 500

I'm 13 by the way... Let the hate begin. I ride a ttr 230 and it's too big....

I was talking more how to stop on it... How to start it and how to stay safe and still have fun

I was talking more how to stop on it... How to start it and how to stay safe and still have fun

Wow what happened there?!

Respect that throttle. I got my 500 just after I turned 14, and am still alive. Run 15/49 gearing, get a paddle, and let the bike do all of the work.

How tall were you???

Trying to figure out how to ride such a big bike.

Respect that throttle. I got my 500 just after I turned 14, and am still alive. Run 15/49 gearing, get a paddle, and let the bike do all of the work.

How tall were you???

How tall were you???

5'8''-ish. Was 135 pounds then, and still am. Look around and see if you can get a lowering kit for it. The CRs stock suspension was soft, but it isn't THAT soft.

That 500 EASILY has twice the power of that TTR. Be extremely careful if/when you ride it. Where are you located?

Edited by DirtRider500R

Wow 14 and on 500. I wish that was me. I want a kx so bad

The ONLY thing that draws me towards the KX is the high-boy style pipe that all the years had. (Take this with a grain of salt) The CR5' is much superior IMO.

5'8''-ish. Was 135 pounds then, and still am. Look around and see if you can get a lowering kit for it. The CRs stock suspension was soft, but it isn't THAT soft.

That 500 EASILY has twice the power of that TTR. Be extremely careful if/when you ride it. Where are you located?

Riding in pismo dunes.