Sign in to follow this  

KLX140L, Kawahara camshaft feedback

Hi, I've been working on my son's bike. We already did KX85 front end, full FMF exhaust, airbox mod and jetting. KX85 rear shock, 17/14 wheels and 14 tooth front sprocket are coming this week.

Because my son doesn't weight too much, the bike has enough low end for him but top end is very weak. Today we ordered an EO 28mm carb kit that we expect to help but I saw a Kawahara camshaft not very expensive on eBay.

Assuming that we are not going big bore right now, do you guys think/know if this camshaft will be a good flow supporting mod?

I"ll appreciate your knowledge and thoughts.

I saw web-camshafts web site. That have full spec for every cam they sell. The only problem is that those are very expensive.

I saw web-camshafts web site. That have full spec for every cam they sell. The only problem is that those are very expensive.

No $hit!!!!  But, if you are going with a full build like you already have, it could be money well spent for the extra performance.  Just depends on what you want this bike to do.  Race or just trail ride.

I tried getting some specs on the carb from the seller.  They never responded and had very little feedback at the time.  I stayed away from that option.

Have you ever get the spec? they have two versions (K1 and K2)